US Open 2020 TV Coverage

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
Watching Pebble Beach this week on Sky & seeing their Promo's for the year but doesnt include the US Open. They usually show this. Checked on the US Open website & no TV coverage partner is shown, so I'm reading that we will have nowhere to watch it over here? Have I missed something? Or is this another crappy live stream situation?

D

Deleted member 15344

Watching Pebble Beach this week on Sky & seeing their Promo's for the year but doesnt include the US Open. They usually show this. Checked on the US Open website & no TV coverage partner is shown, so I'm reading that we will have nowhere to watch it over here? Have I missed something? Or is this another crappy live stream situation?

They had it on the Promo the other week ?

When looking at the list it’s there - still looks strange having the PGA so early but good news is it’s a Ryder Cup year so the season doesn’t finish with The Open

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Hold on mate I'll grab the popcorn for when the moans start about how it should be on the Beeb because people don't like sky coverage of majors even though they watch it every week for tour events ?
Don’t forget they’ll show too much of Tiger?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Yes I noticed that. Sky "trailer" showed all the other majors etc with dates, but nothing for June. No mention of the US Open. Yet when googling it I saw a ink saying Sky was doing it.!
We shall see.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Not only did they promote all 3 other majors and the Ryder Cup, they also squeezed in The Players... Very odd to highlight that over the US Open in my opinion.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

I did notice that and they seemed to be promoting the Players, the Masters, PGA, the Open and Ryder Cup.

Seemed very strange, given the US Open is on a much better broadcast time for UK. the PGA from Harding Park will that bit later, which is not ideal.

Perhaps they are feel they need to promote the other events more as they will be competing with other sports, but in June - they'll have the golf all to themselves.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
The USGA's Open Championship is quite a spectacle.

Players capable of carding 65s will card 75s or worse because the USGA will trick the course up so ridiculously that the event becomes a crap shoot and anybody, including a complete unknown, can get the lucky bounces and win it. He may never win another prominent event again.

It's not like the R&A's Open Championship.

Troon or Muirfield will defend themselves adequately without shriveled bureaucrats building windmills on the putting greens and installing alligator filled moats.
Pick a good course and let the players show what they can do.
We have good courses too. We don't have good governors, unfortunately.

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
abjectplop was indeed correct. I was searching the US Open site by entering UK, not England, Scotland, etc. The US obviously dont see us as the UK anymore. Still a bit weird though & strange how it wasnt shown on the Sky promo. Waatch this space I guess..?? Still plenty of Golf to enjoy though!