US Masters coverage

nicknixon

Hacker
Visit site
I am disappointed to say the least that coverage of the first few days at Augusta will be missed by the beeb. Especially seeing as I don't subscribe to any tv beyond freeview.

I wonder what others in my predicament are doing? Watching at a friend's place? Going to the pub? Relaxing in the clubhouse? Or crouched over the laptop watching on a live-streaming website while the mrs catches up on Corro on the main box?

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was considering buying one month of Sky Sports 1 from top up TV for my freeview box. They however want £20 which is a bit steep given I only need it for the first two days of the Masters.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
10 minutes into Sky coverage and it is already apparent that it is night and day compared to BBC.......I will be watching all the coverage on the proper channel not the crap one that is the BBC.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
10 minutes into Sky coverage and it is already apparent that it is night and day compared to BBC.......I will be watching all the coverage on the proper channel not the crap one that is the BBC.

Argh! No spoilers, can't watch the preview show till later!

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site

No doubt about it,Sky know how to build an event up,When it comes to anylysis and info, no stone is left unturned.

But to be fair to the BBC they do give us Ken Brown chucking a ball around a green for 2 minutes every hour ;)

nicknixon

Hacker
Visit site
How disappointing to hear that Beeb's coverage is not up to that of Sky. I've been brought up on Aliss' charming tales and although less hypeful of typical Sky coverage, I do think it's far more golfy than I've experienced elsewhere.

I appreciate what you're saying though. If only I didn't have to pay extra for Sky...I disagree on principle. That said, as soon as I get a pay rise, bring it on!

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sky coverage is full of adverts, bbc's coverage is full of interviews. We would be better off watching the highlights, or sky + it and watch behind the "live" coverage.