Sky Go - laptop to TV probs

RichA

Visit site
My Windows 10 laptop is connected to the TV via micro HDMI to standard HDMI.
On the laptop, the Masters coverage on Sky Go is perfectly smooth. Transfer the display to just the TV and it's like watching it at about 5 Hz refresh rate.
When I open chrome and watch a YouTube video on HD, it's perfect, so I know it's just Sky Go, not a hardware or driver issue.

Any suggestions please? I can't find any solutions online.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
ON the Sky forum I was informed that you should not be able to watch sky go from your lap top to the TV via HDMI.

They way I overcome this is to have the cable in the Laptop disconnected until skygo is up and running then connect the HDMI cable.

It something about skygo software in the same way that you cannot cast the broadcast to a TV.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
ON the Sky forum I was informed that you should not be able to watch sky go from your lap top to the TV via HDMI.

They way I overcome this is to have the cable in the Laptop disconnected until skygo is up and running then connect the HDMI cable.

It something about skygo software in the same way that you cannot cast the broadcast to a TV.
exactly this.

Sky are sneaky and block it to stop people handing out their Skygo extra logins to family and friends and then they can essentially have sky on TV for free by plugging the laptop into the TV.

RichA

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. It took an hour of trying every permutation of the settings but it's sorted. Perfect HD - laptop to TV.