TV to freesat dilemma

B

birdieman

Now pay attention...

Where's Brendy?

My HD ready LED tv is connected to my old skybox via a scart lead to the RGB ext with an adaptor that came with the tv. There are no scart ports on the tv. The freesat signal comes via satellite dish into old skybox.

My 2 yo has yanked the rgb ext adaptor cable hard enough to break the RGB ext port right off inside the tv, have managed to get in back of tv and retrieve the broken piece and it has come right off the circuitry so is knacked.:mad:

There are numerous other ports on the tv including PC, LAN, ANT and 4 hdmi slots.

Have tried using the ANT with aerial cable to connect from back of skybox to tv but that's not working.

Question is are there any means of using the HDMI ports with an old skybox (via an adaptor) or do I have to upgrade to an HDMI enabled freesat box or skybox or equivalent?

I've read you cant connect scart to HDMI- is that correct?

thanks

papyt

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
if you have an HD tv your not getting the best from it by using an old sky box why not contact sky and upgrade to a sky+ bow and use the other in a spare tv.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sorry BM only just read this one. A scart to hdmi convertor is your best bet (Vga/dvi etc wont work as the audio is passed along the same cable). Possibly a good time to upgrade to an hdmi box though as you will notice the difference.