Joint coaxial cable, satellite

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My sister in law has moved into a new house. She wants a tv in her bedroom, connecting via a freesat box as she only has a satellite dish, not an aerial. There is an existing coaxial cable in the bedroom but it is a twin cable. I have a spare freesat box but it only has a connection for one cable.

Possibly a stupid question but does that matter? Do I just attach one and ignore the other? Does it matter which one of the two?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My sister in law has moved into a new house. She wants a tv in her bedroom, connecting via a freesat box as she only has a satellite dish, not an aerial. There is an existing coaxial cable in the bedroom but it is a twin cable. I have a spare freesat box but it only has a connection for one cable.

Possibly a stupid question but does that matter? Do I just attach one and ignore the other? Does it matter which one of the two?

They will be both the same just attach one and not the other

We have freesat built into our tv and use excising sky cables to power it

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great thanks. She is going to buy the cheapest, nastiest tv out there so it won't have freesat included. I tried to persuade her to get a basic but half decent one but she won't have it. At least I know I can connect it properly now.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The second cable simply carries the same signal so that a Sky or similar box can record one channel whilst you watch another