Sports tv without subscribing to sky?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi

Following on from the thread on the main forum regarding the masters no longer being on the beeb, I’m now looking into getting sky sports etc, but really don’t want to go with sky, partly because bt sport have the champions league games.

Is there a legal way to watch golf and football online/via an amazon fire stick? Have tried the dodgy methods in the past but they’re rubbish and illegal of course!

Any suggestions?

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
Maybe a NOWTV box? you can then just get a SKY Sports pass for the weeks when you want to watch the golf.

Some of the subscription based IPTV solutions are pretty good now if you did want to go down that route ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah definitely check out Now TV. You can register with them and either pay monthly for Sky Sports or buy it for one week only when there's a golf major on. You would just put the Now TV app on your phone and cast that to the TV I think.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now t.v. is still sky.....

Amazon have a block of games over Christmas
Well he asked for a legal method of watching Sky, so surely the only legal methods are to get Sky or move abroad? :LOL: At least through Now TV you can pick and choose and maybe just buy it for one week per month when a good game is on or something.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have BT sport for rugby and football and Now TV for when I really want to watch something on SKY. Works fine for me, especially as BBC Scotland now seem to be showing more Scottish football.
I have little interest in English Football, which Sky seem to spend all their money, so on that basis I try to give SKY as little money as I can.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are in a Virgin area you can add Sky sports to their TV package.

If you have Sky you can add BT sports to the package.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Maybe a NOWTV box? you can then just get a SKY Sports pass for the weeks when you want to watch the golf.

Some of the subscription based IPTV solutions are pretty good now if you did want to go down that route ;)

Iptv was what I was thinking, assumed it was legal?

Will go down the nowtv route if there’s no other option, but as I say, I want to be able to watch the champions league on btsport...

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
Iptv was what I was thinking, assumed it was legal?

Will go down the nowtv route if there’s no other option, but as I say, I want to be able to watch the champions league on btsport...

IPTV itself isn't illegal, but using it to watch any sport/films etc that is liscenced to a british braocaster is, if you went down this route make sure you use a decent VPN.

only other alternitive is if you know anyone with SKY and/or BT you could see if you could piggyback off their account using BT Sport App and SKY Go.