My Masters Mistake.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I made the mistake of spending £10.99 for a 7 day pass to Sky Sports to watch the Masters coverage. What a crock? They tell you they are starting live coverage about an hour before they do, and then they spend most of the time talking about it, or interviewing, or watching Tiger Wood's expressions, or showing you shots that you know have been played before, not live, and as for Butch Harman re-naming a 3 wood as a 3 metal, that just finished me. Thank God we have the Peter Allis team tonight on the Beeb.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I made the mistake of spending £10.99 for a 7 day pass to Sky Sports to watch the Masters coverage. What a crock? They tell you they are starting live coverage about an hour before they do, and then they spend most of the time talking about it, or interviewing, or watching Tiger Wood's expressions, or showing you shots that you know have been played before, not live, and as for Butch Harman re-naming a 3 wood as a 3 metal, that just finished me. Thank God we have the Peter Allis team tonight on the Beeb.

So boring hearing people blame sky for the live coverage hours, they are set by Augusta and are the same whichever tv channel you are watching on (or even country you are watching in)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I paid the same for a weeks pass to watch it and I'm feeling exactly the same.
Thank God I don't subscribe to Sky. Watching this crock of (expletive) all the time would have me cancelling my subscription,
After Rory had played 3 holes on Thursday and was 1 over, the question was asked....."Can he win it from here".
Jesus H Christ. It seriously is a pile of cack.
I will be watching it on BBC for the rest of the week-end.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
And how many times is Colin Montgomerie going to moan that his blazer is blue and not green.
Only good thing about it is there a couple of decent pairs of lungs on show every now and then.

TigerIsAmazing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
And how many times is Colin Montgomerie going to moan that his blazer is blue and not green.
Only good thing about it is there a couple of decent pairs of lungs on show every now and then.
yes Montys Moobs are getting bigger:whistle:

Gotta agree re SKY- bores me now, Thank goodness for the Beeb- what will we do next year with no Beeb Open:(

Mitchell89

Club Champion
Visit site
Golf broadcasting does get repetitive. Jack Nicklaus always makes me laugh every time someone misses a putt he chimes in with 'he should have known it breaks towards ray's creek'. He says this over and over every year. Surely some of those misses are just down to a bad putt rather than a misread.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You can all look forward to coverage of the Open being butchered in a similar way soon!

It sounds as if Sky will give you some nice gimmicks etc but some awful coverage / commentary.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
For better or worse the quality of the programme is down to Sky but the actual amount of live coverage we get to see is controlled by the secret society which is the Augusta committee. They have always taken a sadistic pleasure in denying everyone comprehensive TV viewing of the whole tournament.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So boring hearing people blame sky for the live coverage hours, they are set by Augusta and are the same whichever tv channel you are watching on (or even country you are watching in)

Sky shouldn't say they are starting live coverage at 7pm when they know very well that they can't get anything until 8pm. What they mean is that they are going to talk about it at 7pm.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was all set to buy the week pass then remembered the beeb had weekend coverage. went to my folks and watched Thursday and Friday there And just in from a round today and getting settled to watch tonight.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
OK so its not Sky's fault they can't show more live golf...
When are Augusta going to extract their heads from their rear ends and realise that the great unwashed majority probably want to watch golf rather than people talking about it..?
In this day and age it just gives an impression of how elitist The Masters looks..
Can you imagine Wimbledon only allowing coverage of the 3rd set onwards of the finals..?
Pathetic really.