US Open 2019

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Noticed the time difference is pretty large to pebal beach so may be a few late nights coming up. Anyone know what time the last group will tee off UK time on Sunday?
When I watched GMac win I am sure that it finished around 3am.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I tend to have a small bet on a few outsiders for a bit of fun. Whilst all of the favourites have a good chance, I have gone for:
Schauffele 30/1
Fleetwood 42/1
Finau 70/1
Woodland 100/1
Poulter 170/1
Wallace 210/1
Stanley 810/1

D

Deleted member 1740

I haven’t decided yet but my fancies are;

Matsuyama
Na
Rose
Snedeker
Kuchar

I need to whittle them down to 2 picks

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cant think that Fleetwood will figure this week as he has to play the first two rounds with a certain Spaniard now known as ‘Sulkio Garcia’..
Fleetwood and Garcia are good friends, they played a pairs comp together not so long ago I believe. That may actually help him.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't write Matsuyama or Rose off from winning, Matsuyama ranks really highly this season in all categories bar putting that will be important at Pebble, but can't see the other 3 contending personally. Do love the fact that Pebble's not a monster golf course like Bethpage that takes all the shorter hitters out of play, brings a lot more guys into contention.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't write Matsuyama or Rose off from winning, Matsuyama ranks really highly this season in all categories bar putting that will be important at Pebble, but can't see the other 3 contending personally. Do love the fact that Pebble's not a monster golf course like Bethpage that takes all the shorter hitters out of play, brings a lot more guys into contention.
When Matsuyama's irons are on they are second to none which could be a big advantage, but I think he always seems a bit too wild off the tee to win a major. One of those who you think would be better off hitting driving iron more often than not, but he gets the big dog out and slices it.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I tend to have a small bet on a few outsiders for a bit of fun. Whilst all of the favourites have a good chance, I have gone for:
Schauffele 30/1
Fleetwood 42/1
Finau 70/1
Woodland 100/1
Poulter 170/1
Wallace 210/1
Stanley 810/1

Those are the kinda bets I like to lose my money on. Every time.

Dream big :)

D

Deleted member 1418

The winner will be which American can play the most boring and uninspiring golf over the four days......and probably prays the most to the man upstairs!! 😴😴😴😉😀

Wolf

Visit site
The winner will be which American can play the most boring and uninspiring golf over the four days......and probably prays the most to the man upstairs!! 😴😴😴😉😀

So what you're saying is Webb Simpson is gonna win 😂

Brooks has a cob on already (see GM news).
He usually plays well when angry!
Can't blame him to be fair doesn't get a lot of respect from US media,. He's the form player but always overlooked. Hopefully fire's him up to challenge.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really wouldn't be all that surprising for Brooks to do the three-peat this week. What an accomplishment it would be as well, first player to win 3 consecutive US Opens since Willie Anderson in 1905. I hope he does it, would be cool to see.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sadly I can't really argue with that point of view. I wonder if the golfer by numbers Bryson could feature as a result?

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
unless rory or one of our 2 austrians is in contention on sunday i probably will not watch the final round 'caus west-coast opens finish near 5 in the morning.
noone fancyes BK for 3-in-a-row?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just finished my bets.

Spieth 16/1
Fleetwood 28/1 (ew)
Webb Simpson 35/1 (ew)
Kevin Na 90/1 (ew)

1st round leader:
Koepka 16/1
Spieth 28/1
Fleetwood 40/1 (ew)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I love Pebble Beach and hopefully it'll be playing tough and the winner will have to really work hard for the title as opposed to the usual bomb and putt offerings weekly on the PGA tour. Loads of players in with a shout although I can't see Koepka, McIlroy or Woods winning. I think Justin Thomas will have a good week and hope Rose can find some form again. Would love to see Fleetwood do it

Any reason you can't see Brooks, rory or tiger winning?