Mini South Wales Tour - Tenby , Pennard & Ashburnham

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Pennard is a great fun course, quite different and a real mix of holes, really enjoyed it myself and for the green fees/open rates a bargain. Hoping to play Tenby next time down in that area.

Wales is really good value generally, when compared to Scotland/England courses.

Not sure who went, but a shame they are not still on here.

Looks a great trip LP and pictures look good. (y)(y)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
What might look like Phil's least interesting pic of Pennard is, in my view, quite the opposite. I have put an arrow where the pin might be over the hump. There is a bit of fairway area to the right of the green for the faint-hearted. It is a par 3 over 200 yards.
The overhead pinched from the internet better explains. Hope my memory is correct after nearly 50 years. Pretty unforgettable hole, though.

Absolutely bloomin' magnificent.

My PP hit a huge block right of this, never to be seen again. He was so miffed he topped his provo into the muck in front of the tee. He disappeared of the sand hill wedges in hand to look for it.. which unexpectedly he did! Anyway, several holes later he discovered he'd left one of his wedges over there. He was so far off line the changes of a following player going there and bringing it back were minimal, so he took a buggy out after we'd finished to try and find it. Finding the hole in the buggy using the paths across the course was no mean feat... and he even found his club! (although he was gone for ages! :) )

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What might look like Phil's least interesting pic of Pennard is, in my view, quite the opposite. I have put an arrow where the pin might be over the hump. There is a bit of fairway area to the right of the green for the faint-hearted. It is a par 3 over 200 yards.
The overhead pinched from the internet better explains. Hope my memory is correct after nearly 50 years. Pretty unforgettable hole, though.

View attachment 38352

View attachment 38353

Absolutely bloomin' magnificent.
I played the singles Pennard open about 10 years ago in a strong wind. The blind par 3 in the top picture had a prize for nearest the pin. Hit my driver into a strong wind and when we got to the green my ball was only a couple of feet away from the hole. My elation soon turned to disappointment when I went to put my name on the board as someone had already had a hole-in-one. ?

D

Deleted member 15344

The NP was on that Par 3 as well - we managed to get three on the green , one was 15 ft away , I was about 6 ft and one 3 ft

When they announced the prizes there was no name on the prize. It’s a great par three