TV Series - What Are You Watching?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Finished watching TGPTD. What a great and simple programme ‘starring‘ genuinely nice people enjoying each other’s successes and consoling each other when failure or problems strike. As ever, I loved it.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not alone, I didn't get past the first 30 minutes. Then again, I gave up on Happy Valley, Fleabag, Line of Duty and all were apparently the second coming :LOL:
Similar to you LT, watched 1 episode of HV (didn't really like it), 1 of Fleabag (didn't really see what the fuss was about) but did manage series 1 of LoD.
Don't have Sky Atlantic, so can't watch TLoU - I did watch two seasons of the Mandalorian without really deciding if I enjoyed it or not, so haven't decided whether I can be bothered with Season 3

Mandofred

Visit site
Watched the first few episodes of "How I met your mother"....hadn't seen any before. Basically a different kind of "Friends". It's ok though.....brainless......my kind of tv.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rise and Fall - episode 1. Love it already.
Still watching but not loving so much, and one reason being that the way things are turning out is rather uncomfortably close to UK politics of recent years especially. And in truth for me that’s disappointing and not very nice to watch.

We have a charismatic (OK a gregarious, quite attractive and well-spoken) individual with ideas of superiority and who loves herself, gets into a position of power; promotes and gathers her buddies around her, and with their collusion is gradually kicking out those other rulers who are not her buddies. Let’s just say that I hope, and suspect, that she’ll soon receive her commupance - I hope that there is a ‘Brutus’ among her ‘buddies’.

All of the preceding paragraph is exactly how things have developed in the prog and where we sit with things today, unfortunately were I to discuss what I think of the contestants and the programme further in any meaningful way I suspect I would be being accused of being political - because at its core the game is about the politics of power 🙄.

Last edited: