TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
God’s Favourite Idiot. Melissa McCarthy being Melissa McCarthy. Written by her husband. 2 episodes in and 2 genuinely funny bits in each episode. Promising.
That's a pretty low bar you've set. :LOL: Is it too much to expect decent jokes throughout? We watched the trailer and didn't even laugh at that, and I thought the trailer was supposed to show the highlights.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
God’s Favourite Idiot. Melissa McCarthy being Melissa McCarthy. Written by her husband. 2 episodes in and 2 genuinely funny bits in each episode. Promising.
Seen two episodes, not really laughed at it at all, but kind of want to see where it goes. Took way too long from being struck to getting the visit.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That's a pretty low bar you've set. :LOL: Is it too much to expect decent jokes throughout? We watched the trailer and didn't even laugh at that, and I thought the trailer was supposed to show the highlights.
Not a low bar at all. I can’t think of any comedy show where I’ve laughed throughout. The premise is daft and not my usual cup of tea but the interactions between Melissa McCarthy and her co-worker made it worthwhile. I’ll continue to watch.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a low bar at all. I can’t think of any comedy show where I’ve laughed throughout. The premise is daft and not my usual cup of tea but the interactions between Melissa McCarthy and her co-worker made it worthwhile. I’ll continue to watch.
I'm not having a go, just surprised if you've really never watched a program that got more than one or two laughs from you in an episode! Maybe you've been watching all the wrong comedies. ?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm not having a go, just surprised if you've really never watched a program that got more than one or two laughs from you in an episode! Maybe you've been watching all the wrong comedies. ?
Ha, I get where you’re coming from. However, I genuinely can’t think of any comedy that I’ve laughed along with regularly. Even the ones I’ve loved. Parks and Recreation is up there in my list of favourites. I don’t recall it being laugh a minute though. Maybe one or two laugh out loud moments per episode. The exception being the Lil Sebastian episode. TV gold.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ha, I get where you’re coming from. However, I genuinely can’t think of any comedy that I’ve laughed along with regularly. Even the ones I’ve loved. Parks and Recreation is up there in my list of favourites. I don’t recall it being laugh a minute though. Maybe one or two laugh out loud moments per episode. The exception being the Lil Sebastian episode. TV gold.

Parks and Recreation is very funny. My kids say it is a bit like The Office, except less cringy.

RichA

Visit site
Watched ep2 of the new season of Stranger Things last night. A slight improvement on ep1, but still hard going.
Ep1 of the new season of Umbrella Academy was very good though.