TV Series - What Are You Watching?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
(last night I tried season 1 of Cobra Kai for the first time, 4 episodes. Nice spoof, some fun lines but already thinking it should just have been a 90 minute movie... just googled it an there's 40 episodes :eek:... they can forget it)

They are only 25 minute episodes, or there about. I was sceptical at first, but quite enjoyed the first three seasons, and burnt through them very quickly. Got a bit bored towards the end and gave up on episode one of the latest season.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We started series 3 of the Boys. Dear God.. they really like to try and outdo themselves don't they? My wife was nearly sick on the sofa during the 'termite' scene... and the last scene as well.

Homelander is honestly one of the best baddies ever. His shiney-eyed grin is just so menacing. The actor does a brilliant job with him.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
We started series 3 of the Boys. Dear God.. they really like to try and outdo themselves don't they? My wife was nearly sick on the sofa during the 'termite' scene... and the last scene as well.

Homelander is honestly one of the best baddies ever. His shiney-eyed grin is just so menacing. The actor does a brilliant job with him.

Having read some of the comics, you wait until what is coming in what I believe is episode 6. SLIGHT SPOILER FOR EPISODE ONE...........................

That termite scene is rumoured to have come about as a result of peopld posting on social media that in Avengers Endgame, Ant Man should have just gone small, crawled into one to Thanos' orrifices and gone big.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having read some of the comics, you wait until what is coming in what I believe is episode 6. SLIGHT SPOILER FOR EPISODE ONE...........................

That termite scene is rumoured to have come about as a result of peopld posting on social media that in Avengers Endgame, Ant Man should have just gone small, crawled into one to Thanos' orrifices and gone big.
I doubt that would have worked anyway. Thanos' organs are probably made of steel.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
:love: Love Island :love:

I tend to read 'serious' books and watch 'serious' films, but TV? Sometimes I can just do with a bit of silly, mostly fun and generally inconsequential stuff...and :love: Love Island :love: is all of that.

I was very dismissive and critical first time I watched a few series back - but my 26yr old daughter tells me that for a lot of 20-early 30 somethings what we see - whether we like it or not - is their reality - it's how they speak; it's how the act - with relationships often being transactional and pretty loose and open - especially at first.

What I find actually a bit fascinating is seeing a bunch of lads who really fancy themselves as alpha males - or acting the part of alpha males...and as the girls are generally in control we see the lads real selves come out. Meanwhile the girls - who remember are in control of the lads though the lads don't tend to know or notice that - battle amongst themselves for superiority in pairs or small groups - and some of the girls use (almost) any means to be #1 - the 'alpha' lads almost becoming irrelevant.

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure if it's been mentioned but really enjoying Conversations With Friends.

Finished The Staircase - didn't like the ending!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
:love: Love Island :love:

I tend to read 'serious' books and watch 'serious' films, but TV? Sometimes I can just do with a bit of silly, mostly fun and generally inconsequential stuff...and :love: Love Island :love: is all of that.

I was very dismissive and critical first time I watched a few series back - but my 26yr old daughter tells me that for a lot of 20-early 30 somethings what we see - whether we like it or not - is their reality - it's how they speak; it's how the act - with relationships often being transactional and pretty loose and open - especially at first.

What I find actually a bit fascinating is seeing a bunch of lads who really fancy themselves as alpha males - or acting the part of alpha males...and as the girls are generally in control we see the lads real selves come out. Meanwhile the girls - who remember are in control of the lads though the lads don't tend to know or notice that - battle amongst themselves for superiority in pairs or small groups - and some of the girls use (almost) any means to be #1 - the 'alpha' lads almost becoming irrelevant.
Sorry, but the people they have on that program are so mind-numbingly vacuous that it makes me physically angry. (We saw a bit while flicking channels the other night, lasted 3 minutes before the rage set in and we turned it off again.) I don't for a second believe that they represent an interesting cross-section of how people behave now - they are the worst dregs of the gene pool.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Does that include the intelligent ones who watch it as a mirror in which to see themselves? Because - as I mentioned - what we see of these participants is a truth for many of our youth and maybe that's worth getting at least some appreciation of. Or maybe I just watch and wonder.

Maybe, but similar to @Orikoru it makes my brain angry. (physically, not so much)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Currently watching Pistol, Danny Boyle’s Sex Pistols series. Really enjoying it, some great performances, particularly the girl playing Chrissie Hynde and the guy who is Malcolm McClaren.