TV Series - What Are You Watching?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Finally got to the end of Lucifer. I've always enjoyed it, although I thought they could have done more with him and his powers. It did feel like they were trying to stretch it out a bit at times though, and probably went on a season too long, which is why it's taken me so long to get through it. The last episode was pretty good though, and wrapped it all up quite nicely.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm re-watching The Witcher on Netflix to remind myself of what happened before the new series starts on Dec 17th. I'm enjoying it even more this time around, good stuff. It is certainly kicking lumps out of the Amazon offering, Wheel of Time, which is very weak in comparison.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Enjoyed The Witcher but likewise not really got very far with Wheel of Time. Thinking I’ll do as you and rewatch The Witcher if, as you say, s2 of it is coming soon.

Meanwhile…watched e1 of The Outlaws last night but Mrs SiLH did feel the love. Wil see how she gets on with Undone on Amazon as I’ve watched the first two episodes and it’s curious and interesting.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We didn’t really get the humour or whatever…watched a couple and not bothered since.
It helps that we already like Greg Davies in his other projects and we know what he's about. This series seemed to be a vehicle to engineer a lot of one-to-one dialogue with some interesting characters. Consequently some episodes worked better than others. Although one running theme seemed to be that nobody had any emotional response to someone having died in their houses which was odd.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just started Big Sky on Disney. It is a crime procedural based in Montana, known as Big Sky Country, with a couple of female private detectives on the case of two missing teenagers. Not bad.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm re-watching The Witcher on Netflix to remind myself of what happened before the new series starts on Dec 17th. I'm enjoying it even more this time around, good stuff. It is certainly kicking lumps out of the Amazon offering, Wheel of Time, which is very weak in comparison.

Can you explain Witcher to me, watched it but haven't got a clue what it all meant ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can you explain Witcher to me, watched it but haven't got a clue what it all meant ?
You definitely have to concentrate. Do you ever watch fantasy type stuff? Game of Thrones and so on. They all have a similar style, different kingdoms, magic, wars, threads coming together and so on. The Witcher is on those lines.

To summarise though :D:

Big Dude with some powers gets paid to kill monsters (many of which are only monsters or behave badly due to humans)
Magicians and sorcerers like to interfere / guide the various kings of the world.
Small girl, princess, has special powers, so far untapped. A bad kingdom wipes out here own to kidnap her and gain powers for themselves.
Girl is told to find Big Dude and travels, having adventures on the way, to meet him.
Much slaughter happens during this :oops:

Series 1 ;)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just added to my watch list, so not started yet, but cant wait to get into 'Best shape of my life' on Youtube, its a will smith documentary on his weight loss journey for a film that takes a turn into mental demons etc...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I finished watching
The Lost Symbol based upon the Dan Brown novel. Sky Max or Sky Atlantic maybe on Peacock as it is a Peacock production.

Good enough to watch the whole series in about 3-4 sessions.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finished Narcos Mexico - Series 3. Top notch.

Now moving on to Lost in Space - Series 3.

I've also Snowpiercer bubbling in the background as well as Selling Sunset :eek::LOL:

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
You definitely have to concentrate. Do you ever watch fantasy type stuff? Game of Thrones and so on. They all have a similar style, different kingdoms, magic, wars, threads coming together and so on. The Witcher is on those lines.

To summarise though :D:

Big Dude with some powers gets paid to kill monsters (many of which are only monsters or behave badly due to humans)
Magicians and sorcerers like to interfere / guide the various kings of the world.
Small girl, princess, has special powers, so far untapped. A bad kingdom wipes out here own to kidnap her and gain powers for themselves.
Girl is told to find Big Dude and travels, having adventures on the way, to meet him.
Much slaughter happens during this :oops:

Series 1 ;)

The most important thing to realise is that the different threads/timelines span more than 50 years! Once I read that I started understanding it a bit more?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished Narcos Mexico - Series 3. Top notch.

Now moving on to Lost in Space - Series 3.

I've also Snowpiercer bubbling in the background as well as Selling Sunset :eek::LOL:

Narcos is great, both the original and the Mexico version.

Snowpiercer is interesting, but I can't help thinking there was a bit of padding to fill out a season. The basic plot is good, but I think they shouldn't have watched Westworld before making it.