TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just finished episode 6 of The Bridge very very good, I’ve passed that bridge by sea and part of the way across it appears to disappear into the sea when in fact it goes from a bridge into a tunnel, looks very strange when viewed from the sea.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Serpent - Watch the first one and the last one, forget the irrelevant bit in between.
Quote from MIL who watched it all.
There is nothing irrelevant about the bit in the middle, what happens then is everything. Could it have been edited to lose an episode, yes absolutely. Without the middle though you miss so much, the real heart of the story.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just finished episode 6 of The Bridge very very good, I’ve passed that bridge by sea and part of the way across it appears to disappear into the sea when in fact it goes from a bridge into a tunnel, looks very strange when viewed from the sea.

The Tokyo Aqualine across Tokyo bay from Chiba to downtown Tokyo is very similar. I went over it once back in 2002, 23km in total which includes a 4km bridge going into a 9km tunnel, was very surreal stopping at the services on the manmade island halfway before it dips under the sea.

The US Bridge is available on Sky On-demand now.

We decided to have a peak at this last night, just out of curiosity. I was ready to switch it off after 5 minutes, mrs wedge made me persevere, but she also wanted to switch it off 10 mins later. Unfortunately, the actress playing the American version of Saga is too glossy, and tries way too hard. As a result she has too much emotion in her, which after the original, just doesn't work for either of us, can't recommend it. Mrs Wedge suggested we start the Tunnel again instead. Clemence definitely does a much better job, the mrs wants to continue and watch it again....... :eek::LOL:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Tokyo Aqualine across Tokyo bay from Chiba to downtown Tokyo is very similar. I went over it once back in 2002, 23km in total which includes a 4km bridge going into a 9km tunnel, was very surreal stopping at the services on the manmade island halfway before it dips under the sea.

We decided to have a peak at this last night, just out of curiosity. I was ready to switch it off after 5 minutes, mrs wedge made me persevere, but she also wanted to switch it off 10 mins later. Unfortunately, the actress playing the American version of Saga is too glossy, and tries way too hard. As a result she has too much emotion in her, which after the original, just doesn't work for either of us, can't recommend it. Mrs Wedge suggested we start the Tunnel again instead. Clemence definitely does a much better job, the mrs wants to continue and watch it again....... :eek::LOL:

Diane Kruger. Not a bad looking woman, to be fair. American shows tend to be a bit brighter, as they say in Hifi circles, and a lot less subtle than broody Scando dramas.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting to hear that because I found episode 1 boring as heck to be honest.
Maybe worth another try...

Yeh I couldn't get my head around it, it was like a bad tarantino film with the timeline jumping all over the place. It has got better! Its not 'amazing' but its decent enough to kill and hour a night.. not a binge one though..

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
There is nothing irrelevant about the bit in the middle, what happens then is everything. Could it have been edited to lose an episode, yes absolutely. Without the middle though you miss so much, the real heart of the story.
I think the 'middle' episodes built the tension and what verged on our disbelief that he/they could keep going as they were...our fear for yet another traveller as they got trapped in the murderous web...that what we saw happen at the start wasn't a one-off - and aberration...the grimness and awfulness of it.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just finished season 1 of Mystery Road on BBC iplayer. Aussie outback drama about an aborigine detective. He's a bit broody and not that likeable, but it was a decent drama. Watched it mainly because season 2 (up next) stars the lovely Sofia Helin..... not that I am in the least bit obsessed with her at present.... :unsure::oops::love:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Finished the mandalorin on Disney plus with my son. I'm no star wars fan, but this with Rogue one was decent.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Finished The Fall last night. Series 3 was very different from the first two, and was a bit slow tbh, but the conclusion made it all worthwhile. On the whole, was thoroughly gripped by it and would recommend it unless you are of a nervous disposition.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Watched 3 episodes of the Bridge last night , I thought it would finish on episode 8, so watched episode 9 to finish but still has one more episode I think.
It’s been very good but I think it could have been 2 episodes shorter.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Vikings - Loved it, shame there is no more!
My son is on at me to get a free 30day subscription to Amazon prime so that I can start watching it. He says it's brilliant and that I'd love it also. Issue is going to be that I'll have 6 series of watching by myself as I can't see my Mrs being interested.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surprised that someone said The Drowning was better than The Bay. Just finished the former and frankly, there was too much that just wasnt credible and you had to suspend veluef too much. At least The Bay is (so far) believable throughout. Also just started Briarpatch. Quirky, but i think were getting into it.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surprised that someone said The Drowning was better than The Bay. Just finished the former and frankly, there was too much that just wasnt credible and you had to suspend veluef too much. At least The Bay is (so far) believable throughout. Also just started Briarpatch. Quirky, but i think were getting into it.

Less holes in swiss cheese than the drowning plot. It was an ok watch, but pretty dreadful plot.

Finished the Serpent last night, after a painful start, I am glad I stuck at it. What a truly horrendous man and it turns out he is still alive in a prison in Nepal...

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Superstore. Unashamed plug again. I didn't know they were still making these, so have been working through season 5 and there's a season 6 to go at. It's on ITV now. Quirky but really funny.
Yeah, I've seen one or two episodes while channel flicking. It's not laugh-a-minute or anything, but quite wholesome and fun with some good characters. Decent filler TV.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone had a try of Damien, the series based around The Omen. Got a few episodes saved and was wondering what to expect.

Started on season 8 of the Blacklist. That really needs to end soon as it has run out of ideas and variance