TV Series - What Are You Watching?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
It wont be for everyone and there is definitely a style for a number of US comedies. What I would say, I say this often for US comedies of this type, you have to watch 3-4 episodes at least so that the characters can unfold, you can get to understand them, see how their dynamics work. If you hated it then it may just not be for you but sometimes you have to plough through the early episodes in order to start to enjoy it.

Schitts Creek is in this bracket for me. I didn't enjoy it early on but my wife did so we stuck with it. Now we are on the last series, 2 episodes left. (It's no P & R though, there is no Ron Swanson :D)

It's a fair point, Schitt's Creek was the same, we binned it during the first episode but have since re-visited, and are currently halfway through season 1. Will give P&R another go at some point but we're not really fans of the format though.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We held off watching The Handmaiden's Tale Series 3 when broadcast on Channel 4 until it was finished and we could watch it through - then damn! It was not made available by Channel 4 - Mrs SILH gutted! We found that it is available on Amazon Prime Video, however as we have Sky and Netflix, and so have TV series coming out of our ears, we have been waiting. Coming soon - next week (probably) - we'll activate a 30day free trial of Amazon Prime Video to cover Christmas and New year period and my Mrs will be delighted :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It's a fair point, Schitt's Creek was the same, we binned it during the first episode but have since re-visited, and are currently halfway through season 1. Will give P&R another go at some point but we're not really fans of the format though.
I started SC and P&R and as was enjoying both I tried to get Mrs SILH interested - but she's not getting either...yet...and so I haven't watched past first 3 eps of either. But I will - even if Mrs SILH doesn't join me..

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
staretd Bosh last week - already mid way through series 3. It is really good. Put it on the watchlist - a solid 8.5 IMDB show

Also watching the latest series of Wentworth - also top show and an 8+

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
For those with a penchant for subtitles, Rita on Netflix, a Danish comedy drama about a school teacher. You may recognize the main actor from Borgen, enjoyed the first 6 episodes so far. Interestingly, it seems that one of the other characters (Hjørdis) also has her own spin off show which popped up on Netflix yesterday.

Also started Spotless on Netflix, about a crime scene cleaning service, first episode was really good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Designated Survivor

It’s a less intense Homeland , enjoyed the first series