TV Series - What Are You Watching?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just stumbled on a golden oldie called we watched ages ago The Americans , about married couple both Russian spies , they've embedded in American society for years.
Well worth a watch (y)(y)

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just stumbled on a golden oldie called we watched ages ago The Americans , about married couple both Russian spies , they've embedded in American society for years.
Well worth a watch (y)(y)
It’s an excellent and vastly underrated series. Watched all the series and very rarely drops its standard. I like that it isn’t all Hollywood style drama.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Missed it first time round so watching Borgen, 3 episodes in it's pretty good political drama.
Only issue is the dubbing with every UK accent you can think of?. You know it's Danish set in Copenhagen so they should've used Danes speaking English for the dubbing IMHO.
Wondering if I can get a subtitled version instead.

Just finished season 1 of Borgen in its native tongue. Seems to be trying to be a cross between The West Wing and The Newsroom, albeit a little lighter in scripting, with mass naivety in some of the political characters. Still not sure how all the TV interviews seem to be 2 questions and finished (or should that be Danished :LOL:). All said and done though, I do quite like it.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just finished season 1 of Borgen in its native tongue. Seems to be trying to be a cross between The West Wing and The Newsroom, albeit a little lighter in scripting, with mass naivety in some of the political characters. Still not sure how all the TV interviews seem to be 2 questions and finished (or should that be Danished :LOL:). All said and done though, I do quite like it.

it is a grower - was not sure and similar views initially but by the end of the last series i really missed not having any more!!

sunshine

Visit site
Finished off the final season of Mako Mermaids (all 68 episodes). Now moving back in time to start on the original Just Add Water, but compared with the sequels there is not much action. I guess there wasn't much budget for mermaid CGI. 3 seasons of 26 episodes so quite a lot of content to keep us going.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tom Kerridge's pub programme last night on BBC2. Interesting but also sad, due to the virus. People trying their hardest to make a living, most needing a little guidance and assistance but genuinely decent people. The programme finished with lockdown so we don't know how they are doing at this point. Worth a watch.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've just stumbled over Bob Ross - The Joy of Painting (on BBC Four). Ten years and 31 series (381 episodes) from 1983-94 broadcast on US PBS - it goes on for ever.

The half hour real-time paintings he does are very clever, but what has instantly hooked me is how therapeutic and relaxing I find this little programme. I can put it on; close my eyes and just listen to his gentle words and the sound of the brush dabbing and knife scraping...I might even try and keep my eyes open as an amazing image appears from what look like simply dabs, swishes and scrapes - but that's not always easy and the eyes close :)

Apparently BBC Four started showing it as a series for 'quarantine'. Dunno if that's the case - but it's certainly something that works for me for short dozes of mindfulness and relaxation. :sleep:

Also I read that some devotees of ASMR love the programme - and I so get that.

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
World Chase Tag USA...

It really is a real thing with grown ups playing tag - weirdly entertaining as they are amazingly fit and agile.

D

Deleted member 15344

Recently watched Cobra Kai - was surprised at how good it ended up being

Onto the third series of Shooter- enjoyable

Looking to start Boardwalk Empire after