TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure how it is going down with people not familiar with the graphic novel, but with one episode to go Watchmen is just superb. This week a masterclass in making everything clear. Superb

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You talking the black and white interpretive dance scene? It was genius!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Loved the rest of it though.

Watchmen. What the heck :unsure:? One episode to go and whilst I loosely know what is happening it is still largely fuzzy. The writer, I know it is a comic book, must have been on some serious drugs. For those who have read the comic, does it make sense?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Loved the rest of it though.

Watchmen. What the heck :unsure:? One episode to go and whilst I loosely know what is happening it is still largely fuzzy. The writer, I know it is a comic book, must have been on some serious drugs. For those who have read the comic, does it make sense?
It does make sense if you have read the original comic. More confusing is that it uses the graphic novel as the source rather than the film adaptation. For anyone who has read the comic it is just great TV

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It does make sense if you have read the original comic. More confusing is that it uses the graphic novel as the source rather than the film adaptation. For anyone who has read the comic it is just great TV
They have to allow for people who have not read the comic though, surely? It is seriously reducing its audience if not. I'm enjoying it, most of it, but if series 2 is as confusing I am not sure I can stick it out.

Some great characters in it but it is all over the place if you don't know the comics.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
They have to allow for people who have not read the comic though, surely? It is seriously reducing its audience if not. I'm enjoying it, most of it, but if series 2 is as confusing I am not sure I can stick it out.

Some great characters in it but it is all over the place if you don't know the comics.

Agree, you really need to know the backstory to get what has happened before and who Dr Manhattan and ozymandius are. Worth watching the Zak Snyder film to get a decent idea

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know the point of Cash Trapped? It just seems to go round in circles and nobody ever wins anything!

Backs up my theory that game shows in the past were much more interesting for the viewer but the prizes were rubbish. You can win a lot of money these days but quiz shows are generally quite dull for the viewer.

D

Deleted member 21258

Abandoned engineering. Interesting projects, been watching a few of them.

Tonight was an aerotrain thing, 235mph in the 1960s/early 70s:eek:

wow, complete with planes almost, could get upto Scotland in just over an hour, shame it was cancelled, didn't really say why apart from someone wanted it cancelled, off to wiki to read more

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
1st episode of a 3 parter on ITV last night - Sticks and Stones...pretty good start. Made me feel that anger in the pit of my stomach against one of the main characters. The sort of little...umm...git (!) who we've all come across and wished we could punch.