TV Series - What Are You Watching?

D

Deleted member 15344

:eek: Blimey, didn't release it was back on!?

It was a decent start - certainly better than the last effort with Evans. This Top Gear is certainly watchable - just enough enjoyment to stop it going into 5th Gear Territory

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of my favourite lines in all tv came from Nev in Auf Pet. He was writing yet another postcard to his wife when they were still in the car going across to Germany. He apologised for the messy writing of one word, "I'm sorry pet but we went over a bump. That is very surprising as Holland is normally so flat". A nothing couple of lines but when spoken deadpan by Kevin Whately they can still make me smile now. Very, very clever writing.

In my mind, Timothy Spall will always be a Brummie. Anything else is just wrong.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of my favourite lines in all tv came from Nev in Auf Pet. He was writing yet another postcard to his wife when they were still in the car going across to Germany. He apologised for the messy writing of one word, "I'm sorry pet but we went over a bump. That is very surprising as Holland is normally so flat". A nothing couple of lines but when spoken deadpan by Kevin Whately they can still make me smile now. Very, very clever writing.

In my mind, Timothy Spall will always be a Brummie. Anything else is just wrong.
they have been repeating AUF PET on the yesterday channel every weekday ,they have just started series two when they start doing up the manor house for Ali Fraser.
classic show with very talented actors.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just caught up on the last two episodes of Homeland - superb viewing and bringing it back to the brilliance of the first two series

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Anybody else watching "The Real Marigold Hotel"???

Really enjoying this series.Never really having been a "fan" of his, I initially thought that Lionel Blair would get on my nerves, trying to tap dance and steal the limelight at every opportunity, but I'm pleased to say that I have warmed to him as a person by watching this. Also thought Sheila Ferguson was a bit loud and brash (as Americans can be) at first, but again she has shown a different side to her personality. Made me laugh when the "lounge lizard" pounced on her at the Yacht Club "do"... I said to Sam, "you watch, he'll go in for the kill in a minute" and sure enough!! Hope it works out for her on her date. And I love Rusty Lee's laugh. Every bit as contagious as it was on TVAM all those years ago. Paul Nicholas comes across as a really nice guy, as does Dennis Taylor.

And as a side note.............. India has some of the prettiest looking women you could ever wish to see. Absolutely stunning.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Anybody else watching "The Real Marigold Hotel"???

Really enjoying this series.Never really having been a "fan" of his, I initially thought that Lionel Blair would get on my nerves, trying to tap dance and steal the limelight at every opportunity, but I'm pleased to say that I have warmed to him as a person by watching this. Also thought Sheila Ferguson was a bit loud and brash (as Americans can be) at first, but again she has shown a different side to her personality. Made me laugh when the "lounge lizard" pounced on her at the Yacht Club "do"... I said to Sam, "you watch, he'll go in for the kill in a minute" and sure enough!! Hope it works out for her on her date. And I love Rusty Lee's laugh. Every bit as contagious as it was on TVAM all those years ago. Paul Nicholas comes across as a really nice guy, as does Dennis Taylor.

And as a side note.............. India has some of the prettiest looking women you could ever wish to see. Absolutely stunning.

Yes, we've got into it too. I agree about Paul Nicholas and Dennis Taylor but cant understand why Sheila Ferguson only ever prattles on about needing a man, but, of course, it may be the editing.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Started on season 3 of Peaky Blinders yesterday. Great programme, probably the best the BBC has come out with over the last 10 years.

Also stumbled across Fairly Secret Army on YouTube this week. Had forgotten how good it was.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Struggling to find Prime Suspect 1973 interesting. It ticks many boxes but there are just no sparks going off.

Back to The Blacklist. What has happened to the Mr Kaplan storyline?