TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just started Ray Donovan. I'm not sure that it's for me as the main character is a bit miserable. I'll give it a few more episodes. I've also got Sneaky Pete to go at.
Still watching Nashville / Suits and SUPERSTORE !!!!!! (you've really got to find this).

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got the whole series so far of SS-GB on my planner. Is it worth watching or do I just delete them all?

I've been a bit underwhelmed with it... Will most probably be digging out the book, for a re-read, rather than see the series out... If you have 'taped' series might be worth testing the water and watch first episode...

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Missus has just started Greys Anatomy. Few episodes ive seen are pretty good.......

It's brilliant. Got into it late but now on season 12 and hate the thought of it ending! Probably the only series I'd binge watch and might just start again when I'm up to date. Season 13 should be on box sets soon I think as been showing weekly on Living.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just started Ray Donovan. I'm not sure that it's for me as the main character is a bit miserable. I'll give it a few more episodes. I've also got Sneaky Pete to go at.
Still watching Nashville / Suits and SUPERSTORE !!!!!! (you've really got to find this).

Disagree...he not a bit miserable....he's very miserable! :D I think he smiles three times in the three or so series I've watched.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hope not, the missus and I started watching it after I heard a positive reviews on the radio.
watched the first episode of this and thought i wont be bothering with any more ,typical american dross that spends far too long on atmospheric shots rather than get the story moving .
and all those annoying flashbacks get on my wick.
if its for you then enjoy but its got a thumbs down in my house.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just started Falling Skies. On S1 Ep4 and not yet sure why it gets such good reviews, but I shall persevere.

I did enjoy The Country - BBC3 series just finished. Strong characters not immediately engaging - gentle observational comedy. If you got The Detectorists you'll most likely get this, if you didn't - well you still might.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cracking episode of The Blacklist last night. I think there will be another couple of episodes to come still in this series but there will be a break before we see them. Following a dip in form last series, I really don't care that much about Elizabeth, particularly when she is in whiny mode, this series has been back on form. Great twist but think there is another person involved that we all know but was not shown last night. My theory anyway.

Anyone else watching The Last Kingdom? Very watchable and well done. We have been spoilt by the HBO blockbusters so I feel a little sorry that this series can't match the huge battle scenes that would be present if they were able to spend £1m per episode. The lead is pretty close to my image of Uhtred but I am not sure he is physically imposing enough. Not quite a Jack Reacher / Tom Cruise job but a little more bulk would not go amiss. Worth a watch though, particularly if you like the books it is based on.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
What I really liked is that they have someone who can actually drive that Ferrari to its limits, and then talk about that. Clarkson and Co surely have a lot of experience in driving supercars, but yesterday seemed on a different level. I wonder if Ferrari would even let them have a go.
Right now, same thing with the Bugatti

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
the last two evenings have been spent reading the tv,we were watching a box set "midnight sun"
we binge watched it ,a Swedish drama that kept you interested all through.
definitely worth looking at.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We've just started watching Breaking Bad - S1 Ep5 just finished - only 54 episodes to go to catch up. But it is good so we will stick with it.

One of the problems with starting on a series that has been out for a good number of years is that it is too easy to stumble across comments on later series - so giving away how the main characters develop. And I am guessing that the main characters in Breaking Bad do develop - significantly...

As much of the enjoyment and interest in watching long running series is to be with the characters as they develop - not knowing where they will end up - NO SPOILERS PLEASE :)

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We've just started watching Breaking Bad - S1 Ep5 just finished - only 54 episodes to go to catch up. But it is good so we will stick with it.

One of the problems with starting on a series that has been out for a good number of years is that it is too easy to stumble across comments on later series - so giving away how the main characters develop. And I am guessing that the main characters in Breaking Bad do develop - significantly...

As much of the enjoyment and interest in watching long running series is to be with the characters as they develop - not knowing where they will end up - NO SPOILERS PLEASE :)

You'll enjoy it , I was a bit apprehensive at the start but got hooked after 5 episodes. We were watching 3 sometime 4 episodes on the same night. We were addicted :D