TV Series - What Are You Watching?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another poor Sherlock last night imo, seems to have gone borderline ridiculous with loads of wtf moments.
What happened to him cracking cases rather than being given the run around by a secret sister/davidblaine/crazywoman.
Anyone else think that's the last ever episode? Certainly got that feeling at the closing credits.

I did think last nights episode was pretty intense, although like the first episode of this series it only had a nodding acknowledgement to the original ACD stories, the middle one the Lying Detective did to some extent follow the plot of the Dying Detective.

It did look like that could well be the last series we will see, probably due to Benedict Cumberbatch being popular in Hollywood these days.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm five episodes into Designated Survivor and sadly it's not quite what I expected. I was hoping for something thought provoking based around politics but it's more like a Presidential version of 24. Still a decent yarn but there's no depth whatsoever.

I'm quite enjoying it, although your right in that it's more '24' than 'west wing'.

Assuming you have Netflix, but if you have access to amazon prime then alpha house is worth a watch.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another poor Sherlock last night imo, seems to have gone borderline ridiculous with loads of wtf moments.
What happened to him cracking cases rather than being given the run around by a secret sister/davidblaine/crazywoman.
Anyone else think that's the last ever episode? Certainly got that feeling at the closing credits.

The same people who do Sherlock do Dr Who and the same situation has happened there. They have taken a fairly simple set up, over complicated it, made it too clever by half and ruined it. They need to get back to basics and stop disappearing somewhere it shouldn't go. The ending last night screamed last ever and I would be okay with that. It has run its course. A shame because the early episodes were sharp and edgy but still remained believable.

I recorded Endeavour at the same time and I am looking forward to that more than Sherlock.

BoadieBroadus

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
am i alone in trying to struggle through "the man in the high castle"? probably going to call it a day - slower than a week in jail....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, the same writers, Moffatt and Gatiss. Moffatt has now left Dr Who for the upcoming series so I am hoping they get back on track.

Endeavour is slow, much like Morse, Lewis or Foyles War were. It has its place though and I like the pacing of it along with the characters.

U

User62651

missed it last year so have been catching up with The Windsors on All4, Harry Enfield is so good as Charles and his Duchy organic biscuits, silly but very funny mickey take imo.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm quite enjoying it, although your right in that it's more '24' than 'west wing'.

Assuming you have Netflix, but if you have access to amazon prime then alpha house is worth a watch.

We do have Amazon Prime actually, I'll add it to my long list of shows to watch. Cheers mate.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Started watching Daredevil last night. Wow! only two episodes in, but this is deffo going to be a binge over the next few weeks!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Watched a couple of The Travellers and enjoying it.

Started watching The Killing, thought the 1st episode was a bit slow and couldn't get my ahead around the knob of the new detective taking over who came across like Rodney but glad I stuck with it as the 2nd episode is showing much more promise now.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Started watching The Killing, thought the 1st episode was a bit slow and couldn't get my ahead around the knob of the new detective taking over who came across like Rodney but glad I stuck with it as the 2nd episode is showing much more promise now.

Stick with it Robin, very good series!!! It will hook you in!!