TV Series - What Are You Watching?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rewatched Black Lagoon and Psycho Pass both superb, the latter needs the second series putting on Netflix!

New just finished Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, as good as the show it spins off from IMO.

I really should get a subscription to crunchyroll...

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just finished watching Ray Donavon. Loved it. As for breaking bad, watched the first two series but just couldn't get into it so gave up. Watched all the walking dead but interest has started to wain, maybe the new series will perk it up. Love the Nordic noir, the killing, the bridge, Arne Dahl & Borgen.

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Big Bang theory and Gotham are back in America and are straight into top form
Luke Cage Friday cant wait

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Finished Stranger Things the other night, brilliant series, was so gripped by it & all you wanted to know was what was going on!

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ray Donovan - magic stuff
Stranger Things - hmmm, ok.
Sons of Anarchy - great for five 5 series, then tailed off
Breaking Bad - tried twice, watching 5 episodes, gave up
House of Cards - epic
Arrow/Flash - quite good escapism
The Americans - Brilliant cold war spy series
Game of Thrones - good but not really my thing
Last Ship - OK, but too much US jingoism
Blacklist - excellent

Last edited:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just revisiting deadwood. Mainly so the wife can understand why I have been proclaiming its excellence for the last 5 years.

Superb television. Utterly superb.

butchercd

Club Champion
Visit site
Watched the first episode of Season 1 of Black Mirror.One sick mind who thought of that.

Sick or had some inside information? :confused:

The series is great with some brilliant episodes, My Favorite is Fifteen Million Merits and The Entire History of You is also excellent.

Season 3 out on Netflix at the end of this month I believe.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Ray Donovan - magic stuff
Stranger Things - hmmm, ok.
Sons of Anarchy - great for five 5 series, then tailed off
Breaking Bad - tried twice, watching 5 episodes, gave up
House of Cards - epic
Arrow/Flash - quite good escapism
The Americans - Brilliant cold war spy series
Game of Thrones - good but not really my thing
Last Ship - OK, but too much US jingoism
Blacklist - excellent

Used to watch The Americans but struggled with the last series a bit. I think with American TV the fact that they normally have lots of episodes in a series is usually a good thing. But on occasions, when the series is relying on one major plot point (They are Russian spies, he is a serial killer) then you can get a bit of filler and padding and I lose interest. I think Dexter, Cold Case, Bones, Grimm, True Blood all fell into this trap as well.

Also am with you on Breaking Bad. When it came out the first time I read the hype and watched the first 2 episodes but just could not get into it. I always tell myself I will try again at some stage as so many people rave about it, but to be honest I suspect I won't have time to do so.

Have got The Fall lined up to watch on Sky which I am looking forwards to. Am also enjoying Cold Feet which is a lot better than I expected it to be after such a long time off. And does Great British Menu count as well? slight guilty pleasure.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just finished series 2 of Narcos. Quality TV! Also, only just watched the first series of Happy Valley! Brilliant! Need to get series 2 of that.

Got Stranger Things to watch, heard mixed reviews.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Used to watch The Americans but struggled with the last series a bit. I think with American TV the fact that they normally have lots of episodes in a series is usually a good thing. But on occasions, when the series is relying on one major plot point (They are Russian spies, he is a serial killer) then you can get a bit of filler and padding and I lose interest. I think Dexter, Cold Case, Bones, Grimm, True Blood all fell into this trap as well.

Also am with you on Breaking Bad. When it came out the first time I read the hype and watched the first 2 episodes but just could not get into it. I always tell myself I will try again at some stage as so many people rave about it, but to be honest I suspect I won't have time to do so.

Have got The Fall lined up to watch on Sky which I am looking forwards to. Am also enjoying Cold Feet which is a lot better than I expected it to be after such a long time off. And does Great British Menu count as well? slight guilty pleasure.

You make a fair point here. Those were all series I watched for a bit, but never completed as I lost interest too.

Another series I loved was Banshee. The first series tried a bit hard, coming over all B-movie. I stuck with it, and whether it improved and/or I got used it, it was the best series I'd seen for a while.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
You make a fair point here. Those were all series I watched for a bit, but never completed as I lost interest too.

Another series I loved was Banshee. The first series tried a bit hard, coming over all B-movie. I stuck with it, and whether it improved and/or I got used it, it was the best series I'd seen for a while.
Was the Opposite for me,Banshee started brilliant & the last season was a bit poor imo.