TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Portrait Aritist of the Year - I am in total awe of the talent of these people. Their self portrait submissions are such windows on their souls.

It’s like watching genius unfold in one hour.
A good few years ago I was at work on a Sunday nights. I went into the Control room and was talking to a good pal of mine about a BBC painting programme that was on at the time called “ The big painting challenge”. I loved it. He asked me who I thought would win. Now seeing as Art is in the eye of the beholder, some of the artists were rammel. But one guy stood out for me. I said the army guy. My pal said “ oh lovely, that’s our Richard” 😳. The guy was called Richard Salter and he was my pals Son in law. Some of his stuff quite frankly is astonishing. He signs all his pictures with the butt end of a bullet which has been fired ( or he did). I asked if he could do me a picture which I would pay for. He did me a pencil drawing portrait of me and Missis Tash. It is gorgeous and so lifelike. The cost was a carrier bag full of sudocrem, cotton wool, ear buds, Milton etc etc. all stuff that would help a new born baby. His. 😳 courtesy of RJB mining 😉
I never bought one of his paintings of which I am gutted about.