TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it is a good 2 or 3 series since we have had exceptional contestants. They are very good but that extra level that some series and contestants had hasn't been there for a while.

It's still enjoyable, and part of me likes that the finished bakes are not pristine to the level of professional but I know what you mean.

I has improved now we are back to looking for who succeeds the most with a bake unlike the last few years when it was all about who failed the least. The back to basics approach has worked and hopefully that will bring some better bakes in future years.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I haven't watched Bake Off for a couple of years. We watched the last half hour of the final last night because Masterchef Pros was particularly tedious.
We couldn't believe how poor the showstoppers were, considering what they used to be like.
Personally I think the bakers are better than ever, what I think has changed is the time allowed for each challenge which doesn’t seem to be enough this year - just look at the steamed pudding technical which no one managed to complete. This means that, although the cakes taste good they look rubbish as the decorations are rushed

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
steaming through second season of Boston Legal. Absolutely loving it. Superb script and charactres and some of the lines from Captain Kirk are laugh-out loud funny.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Crime and Shetland, enjoying Crime, spotting places in Edinburg from my Uni days. jury is still out on Shetland though tbh is wasnt that much a fan of Douglas Henshaw.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was delighted with the Bake Off result. I'd have been happy with 2 of the 3 winning but my favourite won. I think I buy into their character more than their baking though.

Also delighted I watched it live as our local news gave it away this morning without any spoiler warning. Next bulletin they simply added "spoiler alert" and proceeded to announce the name a nano second later. Idiots.

So I'm buzzing as my favourite won the woodworker too :)

I think I need to get less emotionally involved :)

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personally I think the bakers are better than ever, what I think has changed is the time allowed for each challenge which doesn’t seem to be enough this year - just look at the steamed pudding technical which no one managed to complete. This means that, although the cakes taste good they look rubbish as the decorations are rushed
Bakers seem a downgrade to me. The first season I watched, Jurgen and Giuseppe were far better than this mob.
Not that it detracts at all for me - I only started watching in lockdown so that I could do a WhatsApp chat with one of my daughters. We've kept it up since then, mostly to throw cheap shots at the participants and each other. On this level, it serves its purpose every time.
I observed to her earlier in the series that Paul seems to have a bit of a crush on Matty. (Misguidedly) sees a bit of himself in the young sporty lad rising up in the world of baking, could easily have slotted in alongside Hanson and Lawro if the opportunity had arisen...

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bake Off final

Josh was robbed. There, I've said it. I really liked Matty, cracking bloke, happy character, relatable, very good baker. It isn't a popularity contest though. Josh clearly won rounds 1 and 2. Three wasn't his best but the combination should still have outweighed Matty's leaning tower. Add in Josh's consistency over the series, he was done. Disappointing ending of a very enjoyable series for me.

Yeah but Matty had a better “journey” 👀

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
3 in now, very good, but completely stuffed as went to watch ep4 last night to find out it's being dropped weekly 🤬

I have just had the same issue with 'For All Mankind'. Blitzed through 3 series, started off on season 4 and realised that I only have 2 episodes left before I have to wait for the weekly episode drop.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Finished Boat Story earlier this week. Really enjoyed it.

The clip after the final credits was a bit strange, made me wonder if that was them setting it up for Series 2?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watching now...I actually really like all four. Least favourite is the Ozzie girl and best favourite is the lovely ginger lad.

I get way too invested in these programmes!

Let me know what you think of the person they select to get voted off. One persons plate was a total dogs dinner, the others technically superb but the judges didn’t like one particular element which is just personal preference surely 🤔