TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bit late to the party but, as Sky are doing a 6 month free trial of Apple TV, watched the 1st 2 episodes of Ted Lasso last night. Seemed ok and will continue to watch (but no more than 2 at a time, not got the time to properly binge watch anything!)
Sky have done us proud recently, now got Apple TV on a free trial as well as free netflix :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit late to the party but, as Sky are doing a 6 month free trial of Apple TV, watched the 1st 2 episodes of Ted Lasso last night. Seemed ok and will continue to watch (but no more than 2 at a time, not got the time to properly binge watch anything!)
Sky have done us proud recently, now got Apple TV on a free trial as well as free netflix :)
I'd also recommend the two series of Slow Horses on Apple, quality stuff 👍

D-S

Visit site
Agree 100% with Slow Horses, also The Morning Show is a good watch.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Just finished Gunpowder, was just a 3 part drama about Guy Fawkes and trying to blow up the king (Like you didn’t know 🤣)
Really enjoyable, Kit Harrington excellent in it.
Would recommend for a short series.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
With all the noise and fuss made over final series of Succession we’ve started watching it (from the start), and after S1E3 we are enjoying it muchly 👍

Reactions: D-S

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been watching The Diplomat on Netflix

may have been around for a while and previouly mentioned but very enjoyable political drama

and The Swarm

Sky sci fi good drama about a new species in the oceans try to get humans out of them

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We decided to ignore concerns about the third series and started watching Ted Lasso. Four or five episodes in, very enjoyable. Sudeikis just plays a loveable rogue so well doesn't he? I don't buy the feller playing Roy Kent as a 'hardman' at all though. If anyone told Roy Keane this character was based on him I think he'd laugh himself silly.

D-S

Visit site
We decided to ignore concerns about the third series and started watching Ted Lasso. Four or five episodes in, very enjoyable. Sudeikis just plays a loveable rogue so well doesn't he? I don't buy the feller playing Roy Kent as a 'hardman' at all though. If anyone told Roy Keane this character was based on him I think he'd laugh himself silly.
If you see an interview with the actor playing Roy Kent it is incredible that they could ever cast him a a hard man. The first two seasons are really worth watching and you can take or leave the 3rd - we binged the first 2 and have taken a couple of months to watch most of 3rd.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you see an interview with the actor playing Roy Kent it is incredible that they could ever cast him a a hard man. The first two seasons are really worth watching and you can take or leave the 3rd - we binged the first 2 and have taken a couple of months to watch most of 3rd.
I've seen him before in other programs, most notably Drifters a while back. Apparently he is one of the writers and got attached to the role while writing and put himself forward for it. He doesn't seem like he could fight his way out of a paper bag.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
Recently found Reacher as a very easy way to spend a couple of evenings in a binge session of tv. Brick outhouse of a man tells people he will hit them, then hits them but with a decent murder mystery plot wrapped in there. Mindless fun.