TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just finished Colin From Accounts, an enjoyable watch. Fun and not too demanding Australian series.

Succession - really wanted to get into this, but after three episodes both me and the better half both felt that the main characters were privileged idiots who you just couldn’t warm to.

D-S

Visit site
Marvellous Mrs. Maisel finale. Very different final season but remains a wonderful, smart, witty evocation of late 50’s life in New York. Great cast, sharp dialogue.

D-S

Visit site
Succession - really wanted to get into this, but after three episodes both me and the better half both felt that the main characters were privileged idiots who you just couldn’t warm to.
That is one of the best things about Succession, almost all the characters are awful people but you gradually learn why and, in a few cases, feel sorry for them however your 'allegiances' change as their nature unfolds.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are finally down to the last two episodes (finale part 1 and 2). I can honestly say Modern Family is one of the best programs I've ever watched. Absolutely fantastic comedy from start to finish. Can't speak highly enough of it. Will be sad to finish it, and big shoes to fill now for our evening viewing.
So now that we've finished this I'm open to suggestions for a new comedy program. We've already seen and loved Modern Family, Schitt's Creek, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn 99, and UK favourites include Peep Show, Father Ted, IT Crowd & Toast of London. Where next? We were going to watch Ted Lasso but heard shocking reviews of series 3 and I don't like to get into something unless it's good all the way through - so I might wait a while on that one.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
So now that we've finished this I'm open to suggestions for a new comedy program. We've already seen and loved Modern Family, Schitt's Creek, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn 99, and UK favourites include Peep Show, Father Ted, IT Crowd & Toast of London. Where next? We were going to watch Ted Lasso but heard shocking reviews of series 3 and I don't like to get into something unless it's good all the way through - so I might wait a while on that one.
Try The Good Place? It’s good fun.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

If you have Disney Plus and do not mind an older series, try My Name is Earl, used to love that show.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Ted Lasso is a really strange one, first two series are epic but the 3rd is 💩
Not sure if they changed the writers but it’s not about the team or Ted anymore and is super super woke. Last weeks episode was about football again but it was like they skipped half the season and suddenly there’s a crunch game which had no previous lead up. How the West Ham manager is scripted for the last few episodes is beyond a joke as well, and don’t get me started on the ultra wooden acting by most of the team 🤣

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Early Doors. Loved it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try The Good Place? It’s good fun.
This is going to make me sound like a weirdo but I've kind of avoided it because it's about life after death and I think it might set off my anxiety. 😬 And not a big fan of concepty stuff. But thanks for the suggestion.

If you have Disney Plus and do not mind an older series, try My Name is Earl, used to love that show.
Saw bits of this on TV over the years and it was alright, not sure it really inspired me to watch the whole thing.

Ted Lasso is a really strange one, first two series are epic but the 3rd is 💩
Not sure if they changed the writers but it’s not about the team or Ted anymore and is super super woke. Last weeks episode was about football again but it was like they skipped half the season and suddenly there’s a crunch game which had no previous lead up. How the West Ham manager is scripted for the last few episodes is beyond a joke as well, and don’t get me started on the ultra wooden acting by most of the team 🤣
We usually end up starting series after the entire thing has actually completed - just because we're usually late to the party, but on the up side, at least you don't commit to something that goes off the boil. I might wait on Ted Lasso for a few years and see what the reviews say. Or we might just watch the first two series and then bin it off I guess.

Early Doors. Loved it.
Watched that years ago, yea it was good. Only two series I think? Strange they didn't carry it on.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is going to make me sound like a weirdo but I've kind of avoided it because it's about life after death and I think it might set off my anxiety. 😬 And not a big fan of concepty stuff. But thanks for the suggestion.

Saw bits of this on TV over the years and it was alright, not sure it really inspired me to watch the whole thing.

We usually end up starting series after the entire thing has actually completed - just because we're usually late to the party, but on the up side, at least you don't commit to something that goes off the boil. I might wait on Ted Lasso for a few years and see what the reviews say. Or we might just watch the first two series and then bin it off I guess.

Watched that years ago, yea it was good. Only two series I think? Strange they didn't carry it on.

Yes. I was gutted. Hate it when good things come to an end.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

If you have anxiety about death you should definitely watch it! Make you look forward to popping ya clogs 😁

*this is just a tongue in cheek comment btw..Anxiety is a real thing etc etc. 😬

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have you tried The Goldberg’s, The Middle, Scrubs or That 70’s Show? All could be up your street from the other American shows you like.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you tried The Goldberg’s, The Middle, Scrubs or That 70’s Show? All could be up your street from the other American shows you like.
Goldbergs and Scrubs I've seen most of on the telly. I remember 70s Show but thought it was average. The Middle is not one I've considered.

We realised we hadn't done series 3 of Motherland yet so went back to that last night. Only six episodes in a UK series of course, but it's a good gap-filler. Very good program with great writing.

Springveldt

Visit site
Finally got around to watching Full Swing on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Very much in the same style as Drive To Survive, I hope it gets as many people into golf as it did for F1.