TV Series - What Are You Watching?

D-S

Visit site
Succession S4.
The third series was nowhere near the standard of the first two, which were stunning.
Season 4, the final one, is significantly better and Ep 3, the latest to drop, is up there with some of the best TV you will see. The score is beautifully done and the way the rich and entitled are skewered is a joy and sad at the same time.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Succession S4.
The third series was nowhere near the standard of the first two, which were stunning.
Season 4, the final one, is significantly better and Ep 3, the latest to drop, is up there with some of the best TV you will see. The score is beautifully done and the way the rich and entitled are skewered is a joy and sad at the same time.
Interesting. We gave up midway through series 3 as it disappeared up its own rear. May revisit if only to get to series 4.

IJames

Visit site
With getting towards 100 channels to watch, I'm catching upon The Big Bang Theory episodes! I'm amazed how many are new to me! Same with Lovejoy!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
U-Boat Wargamers

Fascinating if you like this kind of thing.

January 1943: Admiral Karl Dönitz, head of the Nazis’ U-boat fleet, has brought Britain to the brink of starvation by ruthlessly destroying close to a thousand of their merchant ships. If the transatlantic shipping route is cut off, the Allies will lose their last foothold in Western Europe. The Royal Navy turns to retired war gamer Gilbert Roberts. Roberts is to use war gaming to try to decipher and combat Dönitz’s tactics. To do this, he needs a team, but the Navy can’t spare any men. Instead, he risks the ridicule of high command by turning to the Women’s Royal Navy Service (WRNS) to war game the U-boats’ tactics. In partnership with Jean Laidlaw, one of Britain’s first female chartered accountants, and a small team of resourceful female mathematicians, Roberts acts out naval battles and games the U-boats’ moves on a linoleum floor, using chalk and wooden model ships.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Just watched the final episode of The Prisoner. I watched it when it came out, inbetween and just finished again.
I know the basis of what it is about, and what the gaolers are trying to do, but the way each episode pans out is so out there and so 60's that you still come away with your mind a total kerfuffle. And it got weirder as it went along. But riveting for that very reason. You watch it to see what happens next.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Succession S4.
Is that on Netflix?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well…Rise and Fall finished last night, and I doubt we’ll see it return. It was just OK…but didn’t work nearly as well as The Traitors (same production company as R&F).

R&F idea had potential and I think should have worked better than it did, but who knows with these sort of programmes…I certainly never imagined The Traitors would engage me as it did.