TV Series - What Are You Watching?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Oh Lord…our daughter stayed over last night and she had us watching Love is Blind on Netflix.

And you know what…it’s based on an interesting premis and was actually rather engaging. That when we first meet people we instantly judge, engage or reject them by their looks alone - but if we could get to know them without seeing them then we might get to know, like and even love someone simply through conversation.

And that’s it. Blokes and lasses speaking at length with, and getting to know, each other over a period of time of a week or two - I think - without seeing each other and when they have made connections choosing who they connect best with and would like to meet up with face2face. And they then meet up, couple up, and see how they get on being together for some time (I didn’t ask how long the ‘test’ period goes on for). And if it goes well the idea is that they stay together.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Started Race across the World tonight, going coast to coast in Canada. Truly stunning setting and scenery
We are watching that also as we are planning a long trip to our friends in Seattle; to their lodge in Whistler, then up the BC coast to Alaska and a bit east into Alberta.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Part way through The Newsroom, staring Jeff Bridges. Saw that it was written by Aaron Sorkin, who did The West Wing. Can’t make my mind up about it. Some of it is cringe worthy but some of it is decent.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Part way through The Newsroom, staring Jeff Bridges. Saw that it was written by Aaron Sorkin, who did The West Wing. Can’t make my mind up about it. Some of it is cringe worthy but some of it is decent.

Jeff Daniels, not Jeff Bridges 😇

West Wing is one of my top 5 ever shows. I watched The Newsroom for the same reason as you. Thought it was pretty decent to be honest, I enjoyed it, but in typical American TV fashion, they canned it part way into a season (season 3 if I recall). It deserved to finish the season.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Started the new Taskmaster series last night. A slow beginning I'd say. I like Ivo Graham but Frankie was surprisingly dull, Mae seems quite boring as well. Jenny Eclair bringing the 'mad old bat' energy though. I really like Kiell from Ghosts and Stath Lets Flats, and it's clear that he wasn't acting much in those, he's exactly the same in reality. 😂

RichA

Visit site
Started the new Taskmaster series last night. A slow beginning I'd say. I like Ivo Graham but Frankie was surprisingly dull, Mae seems quite boring as well. Jenny Eclair bringing the 'mad old bat' energy though. I really like Kiell from Ghosts and Stath Lets Flats, and it's clear that he wasn't acting much in those, he's exactly the same in reality. 😂
The first episode is always a bit slow, until you get to know their characters away from their usual character.

RichA

Visit site
Limitless on Disney. My lookalike, Chris Hewmsworth, doing stuff a bit like that Wim Hoff show, but with a Hollywood budget. Good TV.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Jeff Daniels, not Jeff Bridges 😇

West Wing is one of my top 5 ever shows. I watched The Newsroom for the same reason as you. Thought it was pretty decent to be honest, I enjoyed it, but in typical American TV fashion, they canned it part way into a season (season 3 if I recall). It deserved to finish the season.

Just finished it. Easy viewing without taxing the brain cells. I agree, there was plenty of scope for more episodes but at least the last one tied up many of the sun plots.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had to stick with Yellowstone as my wife likes it. Nearing the end of season 4 and it is just getting more and more ridiculous. It was at least slightly grounded in series 1 but not it is just laughable.