TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was the same, only came back to PS when the PS5 was released. TLOU2 is amazing, absolutely epic game and 100% worth playing. I still have nightmares about trying to avoid those damn sniffer dogs 😱

Just got to clear up the platinum on Hogwarts Legacy and a couple of games to finsih off on Xbox Game Pass then it is time to give that a go (though I still have the second God of War game to play as well)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Endeavour. I've really enjoyed it over the years but not enjoying this series. I believe it is going to be the last and it looks as though they are looking to go out with a bang. Instead of sticking with the tried and tested, which we all like, they are rolling over storylines, conspiracy theories etc. A real shame.

At least we know Morse will not die.:)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Endeavour. I've really enjoyed it over the years but not enjoying this series. I believe it is going to be the last and it looks as though they are looking to go out with a bang. Instead of sticking with the tried and tested, which we all like, they are rolling over storylines, conspiracy theories etc. A real shame.

One of the problems I have had with the new series is that you are expected to remember what happened in another series which was shown ages ago.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched the final episode of Travelers last week (Netflix)

Great ending knowing it was the last series with the cast.

Sad to read that there has been a change.org petition launched 4 years ago without a response from Netflix.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of the problems I have had with the new series is that you are expected to remember what happened in another series which was shown ages ago.

That is the same for so many shows and one of my main gripes. When it can be 2 or more years between series, anything that has a complicated over arching plot is always a problem for me as I can never remember what happened previously.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is the same for so many shows and one of my main gripes. When it can be 2 or more years between series, anything that has a complicated over arching plot is always a problem for me as I can never remember what happened previously.
Exactly this. It is quite a complicated set of events, people involved. I can't remember who the names are, who is good, who is bad. Just stick to standalone stories each episode.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Exactly this. It is quite a complicated set of events, people involved. I can't remember who the names are, who is good, who is bad. Just stick to standalone stories each episode.

I do not mind an overarching plot but tie most of it up in each series and then maybe have a single thread still going that can easily be reminded about at the beginning of the next episode.

Mandofred

Visit site
My wife is going through Endeavour like crazy trying to get all the old ones watched again....and then the new one.....in case we switch providers pretty soon.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
This Way Up. Two series now. Watching for the second time and still love it. Funny, heart-warming and moving all at once.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I watched the final episode of Travelers last week (Netflix)

Great ending knowing it was the last series with the cast.

Sad to read that there has been a change.org petition launched 4 years ago without a response from Netflix.

Speaking of things that have ended on Netflix, just seen this….
2694051D-809A-40B4-850E-A7CD0B2C0839.jpeg
Completely unexpected and fully signed up….

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As Love Island peters out I think my daft escapist amusement turns to Married at First Sight Australia. You think the Aussies are just like us…we’ll try watching some Aussie reality TV. 🙄😳

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You would be surpised at how many games there are out there with qulity plots wth real emotion and story telling. After this I suspect that there may be a rush to find the next one to put on TV and I can see it Being Horizon Zero Dawn or God of War, though I can also see Gears for War from the Xbox making a decent show.

Enjoy the finale, I really wish I could be going into it with my eyes closed on what happens.

Just a shame they didn't go down the series route with uncharted and tried to make max profit with a movie ..

Imo a more in-depth story and plenty to explore but tried to cram all in 2 hours of film

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As Love Island peters out I think my daft escapist amusement turns to Married at First Sight Australia. You think the Aussies are just like us…we’ll try watching some Aussie reality TV. 🙄😳
You should be ashamed of yourself. One of those programs could have been brushed off as a guilty pleasure, but now you've got a serious problem. :LOL: