TV Series - What Are You Watching?

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I'm currently watch Spotless (Netflix) pretty good.

The Night of is next on my list.

Literally just finished the last episode of The Night Of. Great drama with fantastic acting, only very slightly let down by a very far-fetched move by a character toward the end that I'm not really convinced was necessary to the plot. But it was awesome overall.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Literally just finished the last episode of The Night Of. Great drama with fantastic acting, only very slightly let down by a very far-fetched move by a character toward the end that I'm not really convinced was necessary to the plot. But it was awesome overall.

Nice 1 👍🏻

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

Cool, I've got that one lined up as well. Just as soon as I've finished Midsummer Murders.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm working my way through Superstore after starting to watch it whilst in USA. Great characters, could be massively better, but it usually has one piece of brilliance (this sometimes can be visual) in it that makes it worth watching a 20 minute comedy. It got a second series, so they must think there's something in it.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
The Night Of's ending was utterly gash. Unbelievable, felt overly rushed and out of nowhere and left me feeling I'd wasted a fair bit of time watching the series. Also, the transformation of the main character is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 21258

Andromeda, stargate sg-1. Quite like anything sci-fi.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Night Of's ending was utterly gash. Unbelievable, felt overly rushed and out of nowhere and left me feeling I'd wasted a fair bit of time watching the series. Also, the transformation of the main character is ridiculous.

I disagree. The transformation was one of the main reasons for the programme! Given his not so glittering past it was no suprise.

The actual case and outcome of the trial was completely irrelevant. It wasnt about that.

Brilliant TV, different yes, but brilliant nonetheless.

Breath of fresh air if you ask me

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I disagree. The transformation was one of the main reasons for the programme! Given his not so glittering past it was no suprise.

The actual case and outcome of the trial was completely irrelevant. It wasnt about that.

Brilliant TV, different yes, but brilliant nonetheless.

Breath of fresh air if you ask me

Agree 100%. The transformation of the characters under the circumstances they found themselves in WAS the show, not the outcome of the trial. Just 1 of which I didn't find believable but the rest were so good I can forgive it!

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Agree 100%. The transformation of the characters under the circumstances they found themselves in WAS the show, not the outcome of the trial. Just 1 of which I didn't find believable but the rest were so good I can forgive it!

HUGE SPOILERS ALERT

The main character's descent was just too fast paced for me. I get it's fiction but the transformation into shaved head, tattooed muscle building thug was just ridiculous. The clichéd shot at the end of the broken little boy, shooting up after his ordeal was awful.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
HUGE SPOILERS ALERT

(removed spoiler as no need for them twice)

That's a fair enough opinion, but tbh don't see why you continued watching after maybe 3 episodes when it was clear that was the direction the show was headed and you didnt rate it.

The series took place over a period of about 4 months, so not really that fast paced considering the extremity of the circumstances he was in. And if you take into account what Mendie says about his past (drug abuse, violence) makes it entirely believable in my eyes. Buy hey, to each their own. :thup:

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's a fair enough opinion, but tbh don't see why you continued watching after maybe 3 episodes when it was clear that was the direction the show was headed and you didnt rate it.

The series took place over a period of about 4 months, so not really that fast paced considering the extremity of the circumstances he was in. And if you take into account what Mendie says about his past (drug abuse, violence) makes it entirely believable in my eyes. Buy hey, to each their own. :thup:
Was gonna say, I think the incident was at the end of October and the trial was in like march.

D

Deleted member 15344

Started to watch Band of Brothers again

One of the best drama series I have seen