TV Series - What Are You Watching?

RichA

Visit site
Stumbled across Warship: Life at Sea on channel 5 this evening. Halfway through series 3 - I don't normally even look at 5, so it's passed me by.
I know documentaries like this have been done before, but it's very humbling to be reminded of the life that these men and women live so that we can go to work, play golf and drink beer without having to worry what the Russians are up to.

Although I guess I might now be worrying more about what the Russians are up to than I was an hour ago.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ended up watching the whole of Afterlife season 3 last night. Started with the intention of eeking it out over a few days, but it was so good. Ending much more sentimental than I’d expected from Gervais, but no complaints here as nicely balanced with laugh out loud moments. I don’t mind admitting I had something in my eye for bits of it. The only disappointment was that one particular character (no spoilers) didn’t make an appearance.

I think we missed the same character! Although mentioned a few times, not physically in it..

More than something in my eye on episode 6, I was gone.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m still enjoying rewatching Band of Brothers. But... I’m not sure if another programme has ever really made me think more about what a dramatised situation would have really been like. My mind can’t seem to compute the bravery, selflessness and sheer will to survive alongside the horrific things that the WW2 veterans endured and must have experienced. The little snippets of the actual veterans at the start of each episode really spells it out.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The story of Boba Fett has been pretty good if a little slow at times. Take out the appalling street kids biker chase round Mos Eisley and it's been up to the standard of the Mandalorian.