TV license

4LEX

Visit site
I’ve never understood how companies can take out massive loans to pay share dividends. If the company isn’t making a profit = no dividends. But if it doesn’t pay its shareholders their dividend, the share price drops.

It’s a house of cards with artificially high company values. If Thames Water is renationalised to stop it going under, and to protect the stock exchange, it’ll be at an inflated price back to the shareholders. Fat cat directors need jailing for the level of mismanagement.

I'll be careful with what I say for legal reasons but it's a disgrace. I think in the long run it would be better to take it back into public ownership.

I think the regulators also need jailing.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Other organisations don't demand £150 odd a year in a stealth tax, then take some of the poorest in society to court via bullying and intimidation.

Picture this if you will. I don't know if you're a drinker but you seem a clued up chap, so will get the gist. Imagine if you stopped drinking and didn't visit for your local for three months, only for the landlord to send you a threatening letter asking why you haven't been in. He sends another one claiming to have a beer detection van that's capable of 'detecting' if you've been drinking in your house. He then turns up on your doorstep demanding to be let in to check if you've got any beer in the fridge. If you have, he's then able to take you to court and you're legally obliged to pay a fine to him :ROFLMAO:

That is what the BBC do on a daily basis and have gotten away with it for decades. Anyone that behaves like that and claims to act in 'integrity, fairness and high moral standards' needs to give their head a wobble, and so do anyone that defends them.
They've got round the bit about them being the nasty people who do this by having a TV Licensing authority organisation who do their dirty work for them. For god's sake everyone. Ditch the stupid licence! Who actually watches the BBC anyway? You've all got sky, netflix,prime,dogey stick anyway. What exactly do the BBC show that you can't watch elsewhere anyway. I stopped two years ago. Only watch netflix now, or prime. Radio is Boom. Hate the BBC with a passion.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Live telly for sports? IF I really want to watch England I go to the pub. I don't watch the premiership live. Just you tube highlights the next day, if I feel the need. This is getting less and less though. It's all fixed anyway.