TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

4LEX

Visit site
And so we have Trump publicly expressing excuses for the shooting by a white 17yr old of two protesters in Wisconsin. Well he did say right back then that he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and get away with it. So he seems to think similar about those who support him. Not good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-53980128

The gunman was clearly a bit of a nutjob but he was attacked by a mob and the supposed 'young gentleman' that got shot was chasing after him and throwing missiles. Nothing more than a bully. In America if you act like that with people who have the right to bear arms, you've only got yourself to blame when it goes wrong.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Mate, they haven't got the brains to understand.

It's the far left using these shootings and BLM as a vehicle to get in power. A black person is five times more likely to die from a bee sting than at the hands of a Policeman in the US. It's all fear, hype and politics.

Interesting to see since the NBA protest, viewing figures have seen reductions of 20% at a time when theres nothing else on. It's a sign America has had enough of all these ridiculous protests. When push comes to shove, the vast majority of Americans will back him over someone that endorses and encourages anarchy. Trump will win it, nailed on. I backed him big time a month ago and his odds are coming down by the day.
Oh dear. You’ve got quite the vile views, haven’t you? You actually think Trump and his cronies are in the right, don’t you? Do you really hate people that much?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Mate, they haven't got the brains to understand.

It's the far left using these shootings and BLM as a vehicle to get in power. A black person is five times more likely to die from a bee sting than at the hands of a Policeman in the US. It's all fear, hype and politics.

Interesting to see since the NBA protest, viewing figures have seen reductions of 20% at a time when theres nothing else on. It's a sign America has had enough of all these ridiculous protests. When push comes to shove, the vast majority of Americans will back him over someone that endorses and encourages anarchy. Trump will win it, nailed on. I backed him big time a month ago and his odds are coming down by the day.

The past four years have proved that Donald Trump is not fit to hold the office to which he has been elected.
Trump does not seem to have anything like a coherent agenda, let alone a political ideology (Trumpism?). His pursuit (and capture) of the presidency appears to have been the culmination of a lifetime of self-promotion and narcissism. Trump’s ineptitude and unfitness (is this a word?) for high political office has been fully exposed by his woeful response to the Covid19 crisis. In any normal presidential election year, he would be dead and buried.
#None of the above.
9003BD67-30C2-4183-85F2-BC2ABA91466B.png

4LEX

Visit site
Oh dear. You’ve got quite the vile views, haven’t you? You actually think Trump and his cronies are in the right, don’t you? Do you really hate people that much?

I'm not a fan of Trump at all. I just happen to think he's the lesser of two evils. As a person he's arrogant, vile and obnoxious.
However from the moment he was elected, the democrats have done nothing but attack him 24/7 through fair means, foul means and with a lot of spin. That wasn't the way to go. If you have to attack someone non stop it highlights your own weaknesses. They've essentially reduced themselves to Trump's level and he's going to beat them on experience.

The only people I really dislike are extremists on both the right and left. Two sides of the same coin. Both stupid, narrow-minded and happy to engage in violence to prove a point. I'm more about thrashing out different views over an arguement, learning from it and updating my views accordingly. Generally everyone wants the same thing, they just have different ways of going about it. More engagment is needed in politics across the globe. Sadly though, too many people can't do that. If you disagree they'll insult and throw cheap accusations around, much like yourself. I retired from politics after the Brexit debacle and a quick look through this thread is exactly why :whistle:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
...A black person is five times more likely to die from a bee sting than at the hands of a Policeman in the US. It's all fear, hype and politics.
BLM is not about Death by Cop vs Bee Sting though! It's about Black person's Death by Cop likelihood compared to White person's Death by Cop likelihood!`
And once again you make an unjustified (mis)interpretation!

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm not a fan of Trump at all. I just happen to think he's the lesser of two evils. As a person he's arrogant, vile and obnoxious.
However from the moment he was elected, the democrats have done nothing but attack him 24/7 through fair means, foul means and with a lot of spin. That wasn't the way to go. If you have to attack someone non stop it highlights your own weaknesses. They've essentially reduced themselves to Trump's level and he's going to beat them on experience.

The only people I really dislike are extremists on both the right and left. Two sides of the same coin. Both stupid, narrow-minded and happy to engage in violence to prove a point. I'm more about thrashing out different views over an arguement, learning from it and updating my views accordingly. Generally everyone wants the same thing, they just have different ways of going about it. More engagment is needed in politics across the globe. Sadly though, too many people can't do that. If you disagree they'll insult and throw cheap accusations around, much like yourself. I retired from politics after the Brexit debacle and a quick look through this thread is exactly why :whistle:

Very good post?

Re the Democrats, they are pathetic, take Kamala Harris for example I know very little about Harris but a quick google shows she has been a federal prosecutor, Attorney-General for California and a member of the Senate – she is far more qualified for the presidency than Donald Trump. But have the media or the Democrats focused on this experience? Nope. It’s all about her sex and skin colour. This is what is so wrong with identity politics; it refuses to treat people as individuals but only as representatives of their ‘group.’ Nothing else can explain the fact that some Democrats wanted Michelle Obama as their presidential candidate – a person who has said repeatedly that she “hates politics.”

Mandofred

Visit site
They've essentially reduced themselves to Trump's level and he's going to beat them on experience.
1. Experience at.........going bankrupt many times?
2. Experience at........stiffing prostitutes?
3. Experience at......insulting people with silly names?
4. Experience at.....ahh heck.....I could do this all day.......I have another beer to drink.....

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Trump's campaign was based on fear, bigotry and lies. It is entirely fair for the Democrats to attack him. He spent his campaign whipping up hatred and fear, and all the lock her up stuff against Hillary, who was a horrible candidate, to be fair. You may remember that Obama tried to work with Republicans but they simply refused, and Trump made it clear he would undo everything Obama did if he got in.

Now Trump is playing the race card on Kamala Harris too, by questioning her birth (as he did with Obama). He is also engaging in widespread voter suppression for the election, including the mail-in vote issue.

With Trump, the Dems are not dealing with a rational player and the normal rules of politics do not apply. He is a horrible narcissist and you can't deal reasonably with such people.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Many people of all races voted Trump in the Presidential elections so obviously his extreme views on all subjects isn't an issue.
Perhaps the question is, why he gets so many votes.

The continued attacks on the man isn’t the way to deal with this by the Democrats, they need to look at the issues that got him in post.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Many people of all races voted Trump in the Presidential elections so obviously his extreme views on all subjects isn't an issue.
Perhaps the question is, why he gets so many votes.

The continued attacks on the man isn’t the way to deal with this by the Democrats, they need to look at the issues that got him in post.

Well, I think it was mostly people of one race.

The issues that got him were a mixture of systemic issues for which there are no quick fixes, greed from the well off who don't like paying tax (like Trump), and residual racism from the south. Those take time to fix and building a wall doesn't fix much of it. Trump is making all those problem much worse.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, I think it was mostly people of one race.

The issues that got him were a mixture of systemic issues for which there are no quick fixes, greed from the well off who don't like paying tax (like Trump), and residual racism from the south. Those take time to fix and building a wall doesn't fix much of it. Trump is making all those problem much worse.

Wall was something of a red herring IMO as it was already under construction under previous presidents but they never raised its profile.

Many off the poor and unemployed in the mid and southwest felt he would give them what they wanted - jobs, and prior to the current crises the jobs did appear.

Politicians of all sides have encourage extremism and people have lost all trust in the system and have no idea of how the scales can be rebalanced IMO and has resulted in apathy around the world.

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
American politics is toxic and Biden wouldn’t be my first choice but how anyone can suggest him and the democrats are on a par with Trump is baffling.

And challenging his views, lies and actions aren’t “attacks”.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Wall was something of a red herring IMO as it was already under construction under previous presidents but they never raised its profile.

Many off the poor and unemployed in the mid and southwest felt he would give them what they wanted - jobs, and prior to the current crises the jobs did appear.

Politicians of all sides have encourage extremism and people have lost all trust in the system and have no idea of how the scales can be rebalanced IMO and has resulted in apathy around the world.
The wall was never a red herring. It was core to his campaign. If you recall why this thread has the title it has. I started it (the original one) on the back of Trump's pre-election speech when he railed against, and ranted about, immigrants and the Mexican Border...during which he exclaimed '...what the hell is going on?'

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

I assume that you have proof or any evidence that Biden is arrogant, vile and obnoxious? It just so happens that there is a mountain of fact and evidence that demonstrates without a scintilla of doubt that Trump does indeed merit such epithets. He's also a bigoted, sexist, bare-faced liar. See most recently Trump suggesting to Sarah Huckabee Sanders that she should take one for the country and sleep with Kim Jong-un. Now whether you wish to believe someone who spent a good couple of years taking one for the President by lying continuously and quite absurdly - well that is up to the individual.

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The wall was never a red herring. It was core to his campaign. If you recall why this thread has the title it has. I started it (the original one) on the back of Trump's pre-election speech when he railed against, and ranted about, immigrants and the Mexican Border...during which he exclaimed '...what the hell is gong on?'
Which bit of IMO did you miss. Are you suggesting that prior to Trump that no effort was made on building a barrier between Mexico and USA.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Which bit of IMO did you miss. Are you suggesting that prior to Trump that no effort was made on building a barrier between Mexico and USA.
Of course I'm not - but Trump made massive play of building a NEW and VERY STRONG and POWERFUL wall (and getting Mexico to pay for it) to keep the immigrants out. And so today we find that his efforts in building NEW stretches of wall have not amounted to much more than a hill of refried beans. Well at least that means that the American taxpayer is not too much out of pocket as I don't believe the Mexicans are paying anything towards any new or replacement wall-building work.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Whatever next.

Trump publicly encourages voters in North Carolina to try and vote twice - an offence you might imagine - and you'd be correct. And you might think that the countries most senior individual in the Dept of Justice might not be too keen on such an illegality - might want to stamp down on it unhesitatingly.

And so A.G. Barr was asked - and - well - the head of the DoJ was unwilling to confirm that voting twice - or indeed even trying to vote twice - was an offence; and further he refused to confirm that encouraging individuals to commit an electoral offence might be, in itself, an offence.

Nope. From A.G Barr - Nothing other than evasion...

Really makes you wonder...what the heck is going on in AG Barr's mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54011022

Status
Not open for further replies.