TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whatever next.

Trump publicly encourages voters in North Carolina to try and vote twice - an offence you might imagine - and you'd be correct. And you might think that the countries most senior individual in the Dept of Justice might not be too keen on such an illegality - might want to stamp down on it unhesitatingly.

And so A.G. Barr was asked - and - well - the head of the DoJ was unwilling to confirm that voting twice - or indeed even trying to vote twice - was an offence; and further he refused to confirm that encouraging individuals to commit an electoral offence might be, in itself, an offence.

Nope. From A.G Barr - Nothing other than evasion...

Really makes you wonder...what the heck is going on in AG Barr's mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54011022

Listening to the piece you put up it appears that only one vote will count. They have had issues with postal votes in the past so if only one vote will count I’m not sure if your expressing false outrage or you never listened to the piece.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whatever next.

Trump publicly encourages voters in North Carolina to try and vote twice - an offence you might imagine - and you'd be correct. And you might think that the countries most senior individual in the Dept of Justice might not be too keen on such an illegality - might want to stamp down on it unhesitatingly.

And so A.G. Barr was asked - and - well - the head of the DoJ was unwilling to confirm that voting twice - or indeed even trying to vote twice - was an offence; and further he refused to confirm that encouraging individuals to commit an electoral offence might be, in itself, an offence.

Nope. From A.G Barr - Nothing other than evasion...

Really makes you wonder...what the heck is going on in AG Barr's mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54011022

I am by no means a fan of what I believe to be a very unstable and very dangerous character but this is misrepresentation at it's worst. At no point does he say go vote twice. He urges people to check that mail in votes have been counted. And IF, repeat, IF NOT, then to vote.
See, the problem with utter crap like this is that it actually does harm to the chances of him being ousted, it actually gives him more credence and credibility to hit back at media and journalists as hacks BECAUSE of things like this and people like you lapping it up.

At worst, Trumpo is guilty of making a point very badly, a little rambly, but to then make the claim he is inciting people to vote twice from it is a stretch at best. And it's only because of your clear hatred of him that you see it that way, they have successfully triggered your bias to agree with their point. And they will do that time and again.

As with most things political that you have disdain for, please, for all of our sakes, please just take a step back, take the blinkers off for a minute and ask yourself "does that seem right?" when you read stuff like this.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Have any of you actually listened to what Trump said? He encouraged votes of North Carolina to try and vote twice. Spin it whatever way you want - but that is what he said. And A.G. Barr when questioned about it did not disagree that that is what he said.

Yes - Trump is trying to get evidence that mail-in voting could be open to electoral fraud - and he is clearly suggesting that one way to do that would be were his supporters to try and do it in a poll prior to the GE.

Lest you just consider it typical leftie-BBC stuff then try this...yes - typical leftie-CNN...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/03/...ina-officials-voting-twice-warning/index.html

Last edited:

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I am always surprised by the sheer ignorance of many of Trump’s critics. In 2016, (And earlier on this thread) there was a lot of squealing about Trump getting less votes nationally than Clinton – completely ignoring the fact that the US is a federal republic and the electoral college was specifically designed to stop the larger states riding roughshod over the wishes of the smaller....There is also a lack of understanding about the limited power of the presidency in the US system of government and that Trump is not the emperor of America.
More than this, the United States is a deeply democratic and decentralised country with enormous power in the hands of the states, counties and cities (far more power than, say, the Scottish county council has ?). The whole point of their system is to stop the accumulation of power in the hands of one person. Anyone comparing Trump’s America to Nazi Germany is merely demonstrating their own breathtaking ignorance of the past.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have any of you actually listened to what Trump said? He encouraged votes of North Carolina to try and vote twice. Spin it whatever way you want - but that is what he said. And A.G. Barr when questioned about it did not disagree that that is what he said.

Yes, have you? He DOES NOT encourage people to vote twice. The only spin is what you are trying desperately to put on it. Your blinkers know no bounds. Barr does not agree or disagree, but you can only process that one way.

I despise trump but even I can see its a stitch up job.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I am by no means a fan of what I believe to be a very unstable and very dangerous character but this is misrepresentation at it's worst. At no point does he say go vote twice. He urges people to check that mail in votes have been counted. And IF, repeat, IF NOT, then to vote.
See, the problem with utter crap like this is that it actually does harm to the chances of him being ousted, it actually gives him more credence and credibility to hit back at media and journalists as hacks BECAUSE of things like this and people like you lapping it up.

At worst, Trumpo is guilty of making a point very badly, a little rambly, but to then make the claim he is inciting people to vote twice from it is a stretch at best. And it's only because of your clear hatred of him that you see it that way, they have successfully triggered your bias to agree with their point. And they will do that time and again.

As with most things political that you have disdain for, please, for all of our sakes, please just take a step back, take the blinkers off for a minute and ask yourself "does that seem right?" when you read stuff like this.
BTW - Hate is personal. I hate no-one.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes, have you? He DOES NOT encourage people to vote twice. The only spin is what you are trying desperately to put on it. Your blinkers know no bounds. Barr does not agree or disagree, but you can only process that one way.

I despise trump but even I can see its a stitch up job.
Barr refuses to agree with the interviewer that individuals deliberately trying to vote twice would see them trying to commit an illegal act - indeed even trying to vote twice could be illegal. Why would he do that unless he reckoned that Trump could be on dodgy ground in suggesting voters try to do so.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Barr refuses to agree with the interviewer that individuals deliberately trying to vote twice would see them trying to commit an illegal act - indeed even trying to vote twice could be illegal. Why would he do that unless he reckoned that Trump could be on dodgy ground in suggesting voters try to do so.

So this is about Barr and his response, nothing to do with Trump.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
If Donald Trump weren't a racist, a xenophobe, a misogynist, a pathological liar, a fascist, and corrupt beyond words, I'd still have a seething hatred for the cretin on general principle.
I've removed everybody who doesn't hate him sufficiently---which is to say completely--from my life, and suspect that I'll never regret that.

Have you guys decided o give the troglodyte the Open, by the way?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If Donald Trump weren't a racist, a xenophobe, a misogynist, a pathological liar, a fascist, and corrupt beyond words, I'd still have a seething hatred for the cretin on general principle.
I've removed everybody who doesn't hate him sufficiently---which is to say completely--from my life, and suspect that I'll never regret that.

Have you guys decided o give the troglodyte the Open, by the way?

I doubt the R&A would ever countenance the dog and pony show that would result with Trump lording it over the venerable old Open. Nor would they ever etch the word Trump onto the Claret Jug.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I understand that you can't vote twice, once as yourself and again for your dog, cat or dead granny as that would count as 2 seperate votes.

But you have 2 ways to vote, by post or in person.
So you vote early by post, then you go in person to the poll station, you check if your vote has been registered. If it has been registered, you wont be able to vote again. But if your postal vote is hi-jacked, then you could vote. But at the end of the day, your vote only counts once.
It's my opinion that it would only be illegal if you tried to vote twice if you were using 2 different ID numbers because it would be counted twice.
Trump was only saying this to suggest that the opposition were trying to hi-jack the postal votes.

@SILH, please see post no. 1358

Status
Not open for further replies.