Trump Turnberry

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was chatting to a member yesterday who said that Trump proposes to double the membership fee.
At the mo I think it is around the £1200 mark.

It appears his plan is to half the number of members to make the club more exclusive. He also wants to open up more tee times for high paying visitor times.

Perhaps someone should tell him that just because you have a lot of money does not necessary mean you have a lot of class.

He has to keep the golf club on board or he cannot host The Open.
Interesting negotiations ahead.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
£1200 seems pretty cheap for 2 courses and one as good as Turnberry. Gleneagles is £2600 which is still great value for 3 great courses, a 9 hole par 3 course and all the practice facilities and balls you can hit.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I was chatting to a member yesterday who said that Trump proposes to double the membership fee.
At the mo I think it is around the £1200 mark.

It appears his plan is to half the number of members to make the club more exclusive. He also wants to open up more tee times for high paying visitor times.

Perhaps someone should tell him that just because you have a lot of money does not necessary mean you have a lot of class.

He has to keep the golf club on board or he cannot host The Open.
Interesting negotiations ahead.

His hairdresser perhaps? :whistle:

Sounds a 'reasonable' plan though, albeit not the 'traditional' Scottish approach to Golf.

Plenty of Southerners are paying quite a bit more than that to play 'Ok' courses. Turnberry is a bit special!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Aye twilight deals are being scrapped too :(

Heard hes making the par 4 at the lighthouse a feature hole. Put the green down at the water in front of the lighthouse and make it a par 3?

And taking the 1Ith tee tee down by the rocks.

I was also told that the Kintyre course is having a complete re-build.
Donald was not over impressed with it.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When the last lot re-built the Kintyre and built the 9 hole course they made a right pigs ear of it [IMVHO]

The area around the 17the tee Kintyre/9th tee Arran is awful.
All that space and they squeeze these holes together like a muni on a tight budget.

D

Deleted member 15344

£2400 is in line with the top multi course clubs in England

He was also going to change the place - too much and it could lose the Open

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He got the place "cheap" as it wasn't making money and near empty for 60% of the year. It was bought to return a profit and he seems to know how to do that.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I heard he's complained that i big ugly rock was spoiling the view and wanted it removed;)

Does he realise that the white coating on top of the rock is not snow - or Ailsa Craig granite or marble glinting in the Scottish sunlight. Best not tell him what it is as he'll think it's disgusting and demand that the rock is given a good scrub.