Trump int'l / Carnoustie, April/May 2016

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well, after last years “campaign” beyond the wall (Hadrian’s), were looking to do the same for 2016, but this time with a twist.

Last time the lands of Castle Stuart, Royal Dornoch and Nairn were the battlefields of choice and great courses they were. Next year’s campaigning season is hoping to be the first week or so in May, but still to be decided.

We hope that this meet is going to be supported by all 4 corners of the GB and ireland, and if so we are looking for it to be a team game, as well as an individual event running alongside each other.

Based on this the semi-finals will be on day 1, with the two winning teams meeting in the final on the Sunday, and the other two fighting out for 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] place. This will be on the one course.

The individual comp will be over 3 days and 2 courses. Due to predicted uneven numbers in the teams we may only have 8/10 in each team, so with this in mind not all may play in the team comp, but the individual comp will be the one with the prizemoney, and the forum trophy attached to it. The team game will just be for the banter.

So hopefully, the four teams will be:-

Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland
North west England and Wales
North east England and Yorkshire
Southern England and Midlands

We understand that due to logistics it may be harder for the southerners/midlands to field a team, but we are hopeful that where theres a will, theres a way. We are going to rely on some good old-fashioned reasons for them to come – a challenge. (Dons Jeremy Clarkson voice when introducing the Stig):- Some say that they cant hit a ball into a north-easterly wind and carry over 160 yards, and some say that they cant venture north of the border without getting beat into fourth place because they are used to playing namby-pamby chalky downs courses……..

So, where will all roads lead to next summer, and which courses deserve to hold this magical event?

Saturday and Sunday – Trump international, Aberdeen.

Future venue for Scottish opens and probably “THE Open”.

http://www.trumpgolfscotland.com/

Monday – Carnoustie championship

7 times venue of THE Open

http://www.carnoustiegolflinks.co.uk/

Now this initial post is to find out the interest from people. Due to extensive negotiations we honestly can’t post up the prices on this thread, as we have been asked by the courses concerned not to. This is not a gimmick, it’s genuine.

So, if you can post up your interest, your e-mail address and which flag you will play under we’ll get an e-mail sent out to you in the coming week with the prices and hopefully the confirmed date.

Remember, this will be Scotland in the summer, a magical place and with a fast running links underfoot, clear blue skies overhead, it still is the home of golf (and fine malts).

This is a chance to meet other forummers from all over our fair isles, have a drink, a curry, a fine malt, whilst commending or commiserating over the days golf on courses that are right out of the top draw. A chance to survey the sea of faces as you lift your own trophy, triumphant over fellow forummers from foreign lands, possibly with your celebrating team alongside you.

It may be a long way, but to meet future friends, make forum history it will all be worth it.

Can you carry it over the infamous “Barry burn”, from 220 yards, roll out to 10 foot and sink that final winning putt in front of your mates. I did it once, believe me, there is no better feeling.

Now, it’s just time to guess who the captains are, the clues will be on tomorrow……….;)

Last edited by a moderator:

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Re: "Trumping" on the thrones...............

Sounds fab, I'm in date and cost permitting! Mainly the date, May is generally mentally busy for golf!!

I'll be in team UK :D OK then, Scotland!!

You should have my email, Pete, but I'll send it again if you need?

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site

As Fairway Dodger says date and cost permitting I'm in.

Republic of Ireland.

Email to follow by PM.

The Monday would need to a school holiday.2nd or 30th :whoo:

Last edited:

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site

Date depending could be up for part of this, not sure of my own plans for next year, can i throw into the hat if people are looking for another game after Carnoustie that my place is only 15 mins away and is the 13th oldest in the world and a past Open Qualifier.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Dates and costs we're in as well Pete. Email address on it's way to you.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Sounds great so dates permitting I'm in for Bonnie Scotland. I'll pm you my email.

D

Deleted member 1740

Me and duffers are in for this, send all correspondence to me and I'll let him know.

May is best for me as I'm going to Vegas in June and it'd be a bit of a struggle, other than that well done on securing the deal of the year!!

D

Deleted member 16999

Defo interested mate, dates, etc....

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I'm definitely interested and have put it to the others from over here just waiting to hear back from them.

Obviously dates and cost dependant.

PM sent mate

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Thanks all.

Where possible can you put your e-mail on here, so my inbox doesn't get full up on correspondence (15 received already), however if you do want to keep it private, send via PM.

Good to see some from across the Irish sea being interested, would be good to meet some of them lads.

Captains introduction to follow in the next few hours.:whistle:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Have sent a pm on this.
Have always wanted to visit Scotland and their amazing courses.
Dates and cost depending I would maybe be looking at doing a road trip
from down South.

D

Deleted member 15344

Interested depending on cost and dates

phillip.coumbe@sky.com

Last edited by a moderator:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Thanks all.

Where possible can you put your e-mail on here, so my inbox doesn't get full up on correspondence (15 received already), however if you do want to keep it private, send via PM.

Good to see some from across the Irish sea being interested, would be good to meet some of them lads.

Captains introduction to follow in the next few hours.:whistle:

Have you still got my email from when you were inquiring and planning your trip here last year?