Trump int'l / Carnoustie, April/May 2016

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Re: "Trumping" on the thrones...............

A tentative yes from this Midlander, dependant on dates more than anything.

To avoid more spam than a Monty Python sketch....... g433a(at)me(dot)com

If that doesn't make sense let me know. :)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Sounds fab, I'm in date and cost permitting! Mainly the date, May is generally mentally busy for golf!!

I'll be in team UK :D OK then, Scotland!!

You should have my email, Pete, but I'll send it again if you need?

yep, already got it, Kaz.

D

Deleted member 16999

Thanks all.

Where possible can you put your e-mail on here, so my inbox doesn't get full up on correspondence (15 received already), however if you do want to keep it private, send via PM.

Good to see some from across the Irish sea being interested, would be good to meet some of them lads.

Captains introduction to follow in the next few hours.:whistle:

pmurray4201@hotmail.com

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site

Date depending could be up for part of this, not sure of my own plans for next year, can i throw into the hat if people are looking for another game after Carnoustie that my place is only 15 mins away and is the 13th oldest in the world and a past Open Qualifier.

Mine is steven.kemlo@lineone.net,cheers

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site

Ears & eyes pricked on this one .. will chat to ya about it when you over mate .. loadsa time to save for it

WARNING we Irish have a habit of "We came we saw we CONQUERED " .....

let the games begin !

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Ears & eyes pricked on this one .. will chat to ya about it when you over mate .. loadsa time to save for it

WARNING we Irish have a habit of "We came we saw we CONQUERED " .....

let the games begin !

You don't want to miss out, Bill, send me your e-mail addy anyway.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Not wanting to get the thread sidetracked but if costs and dates are OK we'd also plan on doing other courses and stop overs on the way back.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Yo liverbirchy tours.....I'm in ....you have my address bud!!!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Everyone up to here should have received their e-mails in the last 20 minutes, and those sent via PM. 39 people, so far.

Except - Pete lav, please resend again to me, as bounced back, and having to clear inbox all the time.

Copied here, minus the prices:-

Hello fellow forummers,

Hope you are all well.

Firstly, this has been put together by myself, Birchy and Glyn, and believe me very, VERY tough negotiations and mithering has had to be done to get these deals.

The premise:-

Comp 1 (Team)

4 teams of players, if we can get the numbers. Ideal teams are Scotland and Ireland / North west / NE and Yorkshire / Midlands and south. I know we wont get equal numbers so this may just be a "picked" 8/10/12 out of the people that go. Unfair on others not picked? This will be up to the captains whether they pick some on one day, and others on the other, or stay with the same team.

Comp 2 (Individual)

In case some arent picked for the teams, the main comp will be an individual one (probably 3 stableford scores over 3 rounds), and there will be a trophy for this and money prizes. So, I hope that this will be seen as a bigger comp, and so that people arent too disappointed if they arent in the teams.

When:-

Saturday April 30 / Sunday 1st May / Monday 2nd May 2016

or

Saturday 7th May / Sunday 8th May / Monday 9th May 2016

These are due to one of the courses not being able to offer us dates in June, as originally sought after, because of preparation for the pro seniors British open.

Where:-

Trump international (2 rounds) and Carnoustie championship (1 round for the comp, 2 rounds for the deal)

Saturday and Sunday at Trump, Monday at Carnoustie (Trump is just north of Aberdeen, Carnoustie is 70 miles south of Aberdeen)

We also have an offer for Cruden bay at a great saving, and we also have a free round at one of Carnoustie's other 2 courses. Cruden will be an optional course option, and Carnoustie's second round can also be played on the Monday afternoon, or the Tuesday morning, depending on people's individual preferences. Cruden and carnoustie 2 wont be a part of any of the main 2 comps.

The trip will only need 1/2/3 days holiday depending on what people want to do (and 2nd May is also a bank holiday, so maybe even one less). 2 or 3 days would only be if people took the Friday, Monday and Tuesday off.

##### prices editted out ########

Please note that Trumps and Carnoustie have asked us to keep the prices off the forum, or only put on as a total, to keep their prices to us discreet, so we will have to do e-mails/PM's to interested people off the forum with regards to price.

Payments:- We will collect an initial £125 from each person over the next month or two, probably an interim payment around November, then the final payment for the courses in February/March next year. This gives people a full year to pay this off, so they only have spends to get in the May. We would also look into booking out a hotel at a special rate, or the NW lads may even get a large cottage again.

Numbers:- We only initially have places for 40 people, but we may be able to get up to 60, but the initial numbers will have to be given in the coming months.

Me, Glyn and Birchy will still be the main organisers, but on some things we will also be looking for captains input, with regards to the comp, but we would also need you to liaise with your teams also.

So check with the missus, and hopefully this will be a very memorable trip where current and growing friendships are enhanced.

Best regards,

Peter (Liverbirdie), Scott (Birchy) and Glyn (Lincs quaker).