Trump International

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Honestly played it more than 50 times, great course I would rate it higher than Kings Barns which was designed by the same guy.

Great for all levels of golf (even the scottish open) wide fairways for the higher handicap but the lower handicap will benefit from attacking the greens from the right angle.

My teaching pro gives her lessons there and I have a challenge match with her just before the course closes for the winter in November.

If you get the chance to play there do it you won't regret it 100%.

I've played it twice and also highly recommend it.:thup:

I was asking Jacraw if he had also played it and how he rated it against the other courses he has mentioned in his post.

I loved Trump and also castle Stuart, and I actually find it hard to split them, I think they are that close.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Have to agree with Jacko...struggle to top it in GB & I
Played Turnberry twice this year and enjoyed it both times but would pick Trump International over Turnberry every time.

(King Robert the Bruce Course a very decent test also for those going on the meet)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, although "Hilarious" doesn't really quantify anything.

Like you I found Trump Aberdeen to be simply exquisite. The course condition, the layout, the design, location, the play-ability was second to nothing I have played before in Britain. Top class, simply excellent golf course, then add in the welcome, the facilities, food, it really is difficult to beat it. Taking it purely on the course itself I haven't played anything better. Of course that is hilarious to someone, but hey it's my opinion.

D

Deleted member 23270

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, although "Hilarious" doesn't really quantify anything.

Like you I found Trump Aberdeen to be simply exquisite. The course condition, the layout, the design, location, the play-ability was second to nothing I have played before in Britain. Top class, simply excellent golf course, then add in the welcome, the facilities, food, it really is difficult to beat it. Taking it purely on the course itself I haven't played anything better. Of course that is hilarious to someone, but hey it's my opinion.

I've played all the courses you mention. Trump is visually stunning but it isn't as strong a test of golf or overall better experience than the others and the rankings back up my comment. But if you think it is 'considerably better' then that's up to you.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Must admit I was a bit disappointed when I played it (twice)

Greens were just not great, and didn't seem to be like other links course I have played.Back nine is great, but front nine not as good in my opinion. Not keen on water hazards all down the the right side of some of the earlier holes. Some daft bunkers which which had flat sand, and steep faces. Ball often just rolled under lip and was almost impossible to get out of. Good place to park your trolley though.:whistle:

Not in the same league as Royal County Down. Would prefer to play St Andrews Old course, Carnoustie, Royal St George's and Portrush, ahead of Trump International.
Think GM top 100 ranking is about right.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I played it 2 weeks ago, best golf course Iv ever been on, visually stunning, not a weak hole on the course. Well worth playing. Wouldn't be a hard course to rack up a big number though.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure as I've never played at this time of year, but there is nothing mentioned about winter mats on their website. Looks like the course closes from late November to late March so winter golf is not such an big issue.