Trump International

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just watched Neil’s video review of Trump international, it looks amazing and is certainly on the bucket list.

Anyone on here played it yet?

Thoughts, costs, upside, downside?

Please no political stuff , keep it purely golf.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really good course. Played it last year with masses of folks from here. The layout is great, very dramatic with the dunes. My only small criticism was that it still needed a bit of time to bed in and sort out a few issues mainly with some bunkers.

Well worth playing given the opportunity.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really good course. Played it last year with masses of folks from here. The layout is great, very dramatic with the dunes. My only small criticism was that it still needed a bit of time to bed in and sort out a few issues mainly with some bunkers.

Well worth playing given the opportunity.
Agreed. It'll be a stunning course in a few years. The greens especially still needed a bit of time as they were a bit bobbly. Amazing location though.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
It is an absolutely superb course and one I would not hesitate to play again.

Forget the ‘Trump’ element of it and get yourself on it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played it twice this year and as much as i dislike Trump, what you can't ague is its a superb course. We played off the 2nd from longest tee which made it about 7100 yards, plus had a few goes off the very back, which were SI one and two and the 18th which took it to 650 yards. We were lucky enough to get a freebee the first time while we had the boys amateur championship in Aug. then where offered to go back for £90, which a few of us did a few weeks ago. still superb.

Struggled with the greens as they had grain on them the first time, but a bit easier the 2nd.

well worth it, even if its only once

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
played it twice this year and as much as i dislike Trump, what you can't ague is its a superb course. We played off the 2nd from longest tee which made it about 7100 yards, plus had a few goes off the very back, which were SI one and two and the 18th which took it to 650 yards. We were lucky enough to get a freebee the first time while we had the boys amateur championship in Aug. then where offered to go back for £90, which a few of us did a few weeks ago. still superb.

Struggled with the greens as they had grain on them the first time, but a bit easier the 2nd.

well worth it, even if its only once

Played it 2 years ago superb course, noticed you can play a senior open for £ 90 a few days ago.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played it 2 years ago superb course, noticed you can play a senior open for £ 90 a few days ago.

when they first had an open, senior and mens there was a practice round as part of it. A few guys from my club played it but complained it was off the front tee's and that wasn't much of a challenge. No longer a practice round either now.

D

Deleted member 17920

Just watched Neil’s video review of Trump international, it looks amazing and is certainly on the bucket list.

It's an incredible course, whole facility is outstanding.

do it.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
My mate played it last week. He’s played a lot of top of the line golf courses and said that Trump International was the best he’s ever played.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
My mate played it last week. He’s played a lot of top of the line golf courses and said that Trump International was the best he’s ever played.

Agree, not played the new Turnberry but Trump Aberdeen is better than St Andrews, Carnoustie, Dornoch etc. Comfortably better.

Then again I remember a Golf magazine claiming that it was too new to rate, so what do I know!!!???

:whistle:

nairn1967

Medal Winner
Visit site

As far as golf courses go its one of the best I have played, was lucky enough to play 2 days in a row, Monday flat calm, Tuesday 2 club wind and different monster, but slightly easier knowing what line to take..

If you are a mid handicap take a few extra balls as you will need them.

One of the best bacon rolls ever before heading out but you will need your credit card (for the rolls not the golf ) :mmm:

nairn1967

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have you played castle Stuart?

Honestly played it more than 50 times, great course I would rate it higher than Kings Barns which was designed by the same guy.

Great for all levels of golf (even the scottish open) wide fairways for the higher handicap but the lower handicap will benefit from attacking the greens from the right angle.

My teaching pro gives her lessons there and I have a challenge match with her just before the course closes for the winter in November.

If you get the chance to play there do it you won't regret it 100%.