Trump International

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Apologies if I was wrong, there's no mention of restrictions on their website.

http://www.trumpgolfscotland.com/golf/tee-times

Tbh I don't think I looked at their website when I booked, it was on the Scottish golf website and it said on there it was open to club members with a Scottish golf card. They did ask for our cards when we were booking.
Won't do any harm to phone them and ask though if you don't have one.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tbh I don't think I looked at their website when I booked, it was on the Scottish golf website and it said on there it was open to club members with a Scottish golf card. They did ask for our cards when we were booking.
Won't do any harm to phone them and ask though if you don't have one.

Cheers Simbo :thup:, I called Turnberry and they confirmed they do use mats on the Ailsa course till the end of March , but no mats are needed on Robert the Bruce [ Kintyre ]

Last edited:

Duncysam

Visit site
Hi played Trump Turnberry on Monday no mats. It was superb great condition. What a golf course. First course that is equal to my home course of Dornoch that I've played. It's a must play, hoping to do the Aberdeen Trump early next year.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi played Trump Turnberry on Monday no mats. It was superb great condition. What a golf course. First course that is equal to my home course of Dornoch that I've played. It's a must play, hoping to do the Aberdeen Trump early next year.

I would put Trump Aberdeen ahead of Dornoch whilst I really enjoyed Dornoch I found the first hole pretty bland and a let down for the start of the round, be interested on your views on this hole.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I would put Trump Aberdeen ahead of Dornoch whilst I really enjoyed Dornoch I found the first hole pretty bland and a let down for the start of the round, be interested on your views on this hole.

Dornoch was the best course I had played until Trump Aberdeen. Dornoch is the best in the Highlands by quite some margin, tremendous layout, challenge, condition and setting.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dornoch was the best course I had played until Trump Aberdeen. Dornoch is the best in the Highlands by quite some margin, tremendous layout, challenge, condition and setting.

Yes I would agree with all you said just thought the first hole let Dornoch down

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes I would agree with all you said just thought the first hole let Dornoch down

Tend to agree, I loved Dornoch but the first 2 holes had me wondering.......

When I waked to the 3rd tee and saw the course laid out in front of me was blown away and every hole was superb from there on in. :thup:

Need to get back up that heck of the woods, want to,play Trump and also Royal Aberdeen. Might spend a few days up there and tie it in with a Dons game.....

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tend to agree, I loved Dornoch but the first 2 holes had me wondering.......

When I waked to the 3rd tee and saw the course laid out in front of me was blown away and every hole was superb from there on in. :thup:

Need to get back up that heck of the woods, want to,play Trump and also Royal Aberdeen. Might spend a few days up there and tie it in with a Dons game.....

Would be a great trip.... except the football! ;) Great courses.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

I don't agree about the first, its one of the two easy -ish (the other being 15) holes on the course, but its meant to be a gentle start, most of the time its only a a hybrid and wedge, but has a tricky green depending on pin position. You need an easy start to make up for the shot you are likely to drop on the 2nd.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't agree about the first, its one of the two easy -ish (the other being 15) holes on the course, but its meant to be a gentle start, most of the time its only a a hybrid and wedge, but has a tricky green depending on pin position. You need an easy start to make up for the shot you are likely to drop on the 2nd.

Agreed, with the run-offs on all 3 sides on the 2nd, I think its a tough, but good hole.

I'm a heretic though who liked Castle Stuart more than Dornoch though, so what do I know?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Agreed, with the run-offs on all 3 sides on the 2nd, I think its a tough, but good hole.

I'm a heretic though who liked Castle Stuart more than Dornoch though, so what do I know?

both very different course though.

CS i think is very forgiving with wide fairways with plenty of run, fun golf, its not going to beat you up.

Dornoch can be brutal at Times, most of the holes the trouble is with the 2nd shot and where you are playing to, miss the green and for most but Phil Mickelson, you will be staring Bogey in the face. Not a course you can scab it round and make a score in a comp, if you have a good score here you played well full stop

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
a mate just emailed me this review of Trump Aberdeen my an American Blogger.

I can only surmise he didn't have a good round and the comment at the end about Western Gailes is hilarious esp as Trump is nothing like WG.

http://top100golf.blogspot.co.uk/

Sounds like he's a good player who enjoyed it but found it a bit too easy :rofl:

This bit is good too:

"When you think of great golf courses, one common element they all have is a great routing with a continual change in direction"

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sounds like he's a good player who enjoyed it but found it a bit too easy :rofl:

This bit is good too:

"When you think of great golf courses, one common element they all have is a great routing with a continual change in direction"

LOL.... must be why he preferred the back 9 then:rofl:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
both very different course though.

CS i think is very forgiving with wide fairways with plenty of run, fun golf, its not going to beat you up.

Dornoch can be brutal at Times, most of the holes the trouble is with the 2nd shot and where you are playing to, miss the green and for most but Phil Mickelson, you will be staring Bogey in the face. Not a course you can scab it round and make a score in a comp, if you have a good score here you played well full stop

Agreed, they are both individual courses, but if anything I thought for most that CS harder around the greens due to the run-offs, "eye-lid" bunkers, small hole necks etc.

Although only played both twice, and nowhere near as many times as you have.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Agreed, they are both individual courses, but if anything I thought for most that CS harder around the greens due to the run-offs, "eye-lid" bunkers, small hole necks etc.

Although only played both twice, and nowhere near as many times as you have.

I find CS much easier than Dornoch, in fact Ive had a level par gross off the black tee's a couple of times on a windy days, but Dornoch rarely break 80 with a card IMH TBH

Thing with CS, the more you play it, the easier it gets.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
a mate just emailed me this review of Trump Aberdeen my an American Blogger.

I can only surmise he didn't have a good round and the comment at the end about Western Gailes is hilarious esp as Trump is nothing like WG.

http://top100golf.blogspot.co.uk/

Lol, I don't think he liked it. In fairness, he's right about the rough - it's pretty penal but that's not unusual for links courses. Otherwise I think he played a different course to me - I remember wide open fairways that were hard to miss.