Trump International

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lol, I don't think he liked it. In fairness, he's right about the rough - it's pretty penal but that's not unusual for links courses. Otherwise I think he played a different course to me - I remember wide open fairways that were hard to miss.

Both times Ive played it was very wind and even then i thought the fairways very generous and we played off further back tee's than he did, plus he gripped about how difficult it was off the Blue with the slope/SSS 2 over par.... he should have tried the black 5.4 over:rofl:

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Both times Ive played it was very wind and even then i thought the fairways very generous and we played off further back tee's than he did, plus he gripped about how difficult it was off the Blue with the slope/SSS 2 over par.... he should have tried the black 5.4 over:rofl:

I suspect he may play at a slighly 'different' level to you two ;)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Lol, I don't think he liked it. In fairness, he's right about the rough - it's pretty penal but that's not unusual for links courses. Otherwise I think he played a different course to me - I remember wide open fairways that were hard to miss.
Says the straightest driver on the forum.;)

D

Deleted member 16999

I think you’ve confused yourself Karen, when we played those fairways were extremely tight and virtually impossible to hit, apart from you and Gary getting lucky a few times :whistle:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Agreed, they are both individual courses, but if anything I thought for most that CS harder around the greens due to the run-offs, "eye-lid" bunkers, small hole necks etc.

Although only played both twice, and nowhere near as many times as you have.

Personally I think Trump and Dornoch are both quite a good bit better than Castle Stuart. I think Castle Stuart is very playable and "easier" to score on than the other two.

The opening two at Dornoch? I don't think they're bad holes at all, in fact the second is a nasty wee so and so. I watched my cousin putt right off that green and run up a cricket score.

Different aspects of courses appeal to different people.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Personally I think Trump and Dornoch are both quite a good bit better than Castle Stuart. I think Castle Stuart is very playable and "easier" to score on than the other two.

The opening two at Dornoch? I don't think they're bad holes at all, in fact the second is a nasty wee so and so. I watched my cousin putt right off that green and run up a cricket score.

Different aspects of courses appeal to different people.

I think I loved the "quirks" of Castle Stuart that doesnt necessarily make it better than other courses, but for me gave it a certain "uniqueness", such as the eyelids, infinity greens and some real mad run-offs. Granted the fairways are wide before they bottleneck, but still loved it.

Same here for the 2nd at RD - probably the intelligent play is to play short of the green, then rely on your short game for a par. A real risk/reward par 3 though.

D

Deleted member 17920

Men’s Handicap Open – Sunday, June 10thOur Men’s Handicap Open is for all Male golfers with a handicap of 8 and over. This competition will be played from our Green Tees and will be a Stableford competition.

Entry Fee: £95.00 per person.

Fill your boots, what a cracking deal, shame I am playing at Enville that day or I would have been up for a weekend road trip.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Chance to go pot hunting 🤣🤣

Stableford is a cop out for folk who can't string a round together, worse ever format of golf.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It's these type of comments that allow these places charge ridiculous prices. May be if folk stopped playing these places at these outrageous prices they might have a rethink.

Won't happen.

American and Japanese visitors all flock to play courses like Trump Turnberry etc etc. These guys will pay what is asked regardless.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Won't happen.

American and Japanese visitors all flock to play courses like Trump Turnberry etc etc. These guys will pay what is asked regardless.

yep, the highland golf links have been advised to increase our Visitor fee as some have said its too cheap we are £150 this year, which is joke TBH

as for Trump, £95 is well worth it IMO, great course though guys i know who played in comps a few times say the greens are a bit MM

Last edited:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Men’s Handicap Open – Sunday, June 10thOur Men’s Handicap Open is for all Male golfers with a handicap of 8 and over. This competition will be played from our Green Tees and will be a Stableford competition.

Entry Fee: £95.00 per person.

Fill your boots, what a cracking deal, shame I am playing at Enville that day or I would have been up for a weekend road trip.

Great deal, stunning course and seem to remember you qualify on handicap.:thup:

Won't happen.

It's a fair point but it's not fair to suggest that a hunner quid for a game oh gowf is a "cracking deal"

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's a fair point but it's not fair to suggest that a hunner quid for a game oh gowf is a "cracking deal"

It's all relative, if it costs £200 and you get it for £100 the its a cracking deal. No different to someone getting a train fare to London for £60 when it normally costs over £100