Trigger or pre shot routine

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
My first thought, always, is distance to target. Then uphill or downhill. Any wind? Then I choose a club. A gentle 3/4 swing whilst I visualise the shot. Aim, address, fire.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Concentration is huge in golf and sadly slow play kills my concentration and I start to get frustrated.

Idiots who wait for a green to clear from 250 yards despite only being able to hit the ball 170 max, people who stand around in a group and not preparing to play themselves. Leaving bags in the "wrong place".

Just all absolutely infuriates me.

If the OP finds a way to concentrate please pass it my way!!!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Concentration is huge in golf and sadly slow play kills my concentration and I start to get frustrated.

Idiots who wait for a green to clear from 250 yards despite only being able to hit the ball 170 max, people who stand around in a group and not preparing to play themselves. Leaving bags in the "wrong place".

Just all absolutely infuriates me.

If the OP finds a way to concentrate please pass it my way!!!
My biggest failing is concentration . Hoping for something to trigger switching it back on . Garys idea is something im going to try

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I shot my best score last season while playing the back 9 at funeral pace. We were at the back of packed course and went nowhere in a hurry.

I got myself in a mindset of it is what it is. Took my time on every putt. Read them from all angles, got a proper feel for pace and didnt take the putt until I was ready.
Dandered about between shots then got into full concentration mode over each shot. Had to get up and down 3 times. Picked my way through the back 9. The buzz of trying to shoot a PB kept me alive and awake over the ball. There was very little danger of switching off. Told myself the slow pace is a bonus. I wont be rushed into a silly decision.
9 pars later, signed for my PB and the win :)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I shot my best score last season while playing the back 9 at funeral pace. We were at the back of packed course and went nowhere in a hurry.

I got myself in a mindset of it is what it is. Took my time on every putt. Read them from all angles, got a proper feel for pace and didnt take the putt until I was ready.
Dandered about between shots then got into full concentration mode over each shot. Had to get up and down 3 times. Picked my way through the back 9. The buzz of trying to shoot a PB kept me alive and awake over the ball. There was very little danger of switching off. Told myself the slow pace is a bonus. I wont be rushed into a silly decision.
9 pars later, signed for my PB and the win :)

I'd have had you on the clock!

?