Top three (3!!!) courses on your hitlist for 2021

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mine too, still trying to work out logistics for getting there, not the easiest place in the world to get too. Decided to try this year, planning for late September in the hope we can catch Northern lights too.

If I was going as a tourist I would fly/ boat to Bergen then get the Hurtigruten which is a boat that goes all the way up the coast of Norway, it would take around 3 days but the scenery all along the coast is spectacular.

D

Deleted member 17920

Mine too, still trying to work out logistics for getting there, not the easiest place in the world to get too. Decided to try this year, planning for late September in the hope we can catch Northern lights too.
I am planning to visit September time as well.

October gets too cold very quick. I remember cutting greens one morning in October and the windchill was -7?

Are you looking at flying to Narvik, I like the look of taking the 24hr train from Stockholm to Narvik and then hiring a car and then heading to Bodo

AliMc

Visit site
Royal Liverpool
St Georges Hill
Muirfield
Hope you get to play Muirfield, great course, only about 15 minutes away from home for me, when I worked in the PO (for about 27 years) we had an outing there every year so I've probably played in about 30 times in total

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am planning to visit September time as well.

October gets too cold very quick. I remember cutting greens one morning in October and the windchill was -7?

Are you looking at flying to Narvik, I like the look of taking the 24hr train from Stockholm to Narvik and then hiring a car and then heading to Bodo

Hope your fast players if you play golf not a lot of daylight that time of year ?

D

Deleted member 1147

I know a guy who has run organised trips to Lofoton if anyone wants his contact details...it’s a trip I’d have loved to go on, but wasn’t up to it

D

Deleted member 17920

Hope your fast players if you play golf not a lot of daylight that time of year ?
In September?

There is still 12hrs of daylight.

I hope I can get one round in 12hrs ?

I lived near Oslo and we was still playing golf at the end of October

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I know a guy who has run organised trips to Lofoton if anyone wants his contact details...it’s a trip I’d have loved to go on, but wasn’t up to it
I'm interested in any details for getting there. Currently thinking about flying to Oslo and then internally to Leknes (I think), with an overnight stay in Leknes. Drive from Leknes, play golf, stay over in Lofoten, hopefully see the lights, then drive back to Leknes and fly back to Oslo and on to UK. At least that was my initial idea, will depend on costs and timings etc. Any other ideas welcome, although don't want to do more than three nights if can help it.

Zig

Visit site
No massive lists please, just the top 3 courses you are planning /hoping to play this year.
For me it's the new course at Rosapenna, Portrush and Adare Manor.
Played Portrush in an Open this summer... keep an eye out as I imagine they'll be doing it again if there's still limited overseas visitors. Great way to play it, and for a lot cheaper green fee than usual. Brilliant experience.

Zig

Visit site
Lahinch,
Doak's newie at Rosapenna,
then a revisit to Carne ten years after playing it for the first time.

Fingers crossed all go ahead!

D

Deleted member 1147

I'm interested in any details for getting there. Currently thinking about flying to Oslo and then internally to Leknes (I think), with an overnight stay in Leknes. Drive from Leknes, play golf, stay over in Lofoten, hopefully see the lights, then drive back to Leknes and fly back to Oslo and on to UK. At least that was my initial idea, will depend on costs and timings etc. Any other ideas welcome, although don't want to do more than three nights if can help it.
It’s an organised tour with a group, at least that was what he organised before.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played Portrush in an Open this summer... keep an eye out as I imagine they'll be doing it again if there's still limited overseas visitors. Great way to play it, and for a lot cheaper green fee than usual. Brilliant experience.

Yep did the same, amazing value and what a course! There are some other better than average ones nearby as well !!!

What a great location.

Reactions: Zig
D

Deleted member 25172

The Wales Trip - Aberdovey & Royal St Davids (Open comps in July)

The Forum Surrey Meet - Woking and NZ

H4H - Don't know yet - but I'm sure it's a nice course I've never played before. :)

Looking forward to it all, but if I have to pick then the Welsh courses are the one's that gets my heart pumping a bit extra as I'm a sucker for links courses and I've never been to Wales before. Hopefully we'll squeeze in another course on our way to Wales as well, with Beau Desert the front runner currently.

Lots to look forward too!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
The Wales Trip - Aberdovey & Royal St Davids (Open comps in July)

The Forum Surrey Meet - Woking and NZ

H4H - Don't know yet - but I'm sure it's a nice course I've never played before. :)

Looking forward to it all, but if I have to pick then the Welsh courses are the one's that gets my heart pumping a bit extra as I'm a sucker for links courses and I've never been to Wales before. Hopefully we'll squeeze in another course on our way to Wales as well, with Beau Desert the front runner currently.

Lots to look forward too!

the only problem with going to Wales, is that its full of Welsh people :eek::LOL: