Top of the bag fitting today......

cunnini

Visit site
at Custom Lab, Hitchin. Good experience, would recommend it, and came out with recommendation of TM Stealth2 driver, Ping G430 3 wood and 4hybrid - just north of £1150 if i go for them all.

So the question is, what would you prioritise.......

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I guess it depends which of those is your least favourite club of those you have now or which showed the biggest improvement over your current clubs. If the all equally need changing then driver first imo as (for me at least) it gets used the most.

Or if you meant the question a different way, golf clubs are a priority over food, mortgage, energy bills etc. 🤪

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I guess it depends on where you play, but I couldn't justify carrying an expensive 3 wood - there's one hole at my course where I'd hit it, and that is dependant on wind direction and strength.

A good hybrid is worth it's weight in gold, so I'd be getting that, and then the driver.

Teebs

Visit site
I've got the G430 4H and it's quickly becoming my favourite club. 195 carry (or so) and very anti-left for a hybrid..

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I weigh up the most inconsistent club in that section that I feel I need, the second, then third, then jump on eBay/google and buy last years model in the right spec and get all three for about £500-600. Job done

Teebs

Visit site
Impossible to answer really. Depends what the new clubs might be replacing, how they perform and what expectations you have with the new equipment.

I prioritised a 4H as

A) Couldn't hit my 4 iron consistently
B) Had a gap from 3H to 5 iron
C) Needed a club for my course that is just under 200 yards carry for short par 4 lay up

As one of the poster says above, depends on how often you use a club. I have a 3HL fairway wood and it's used maybe once or twice a round - very rarely off the tee (driver is straight and long enough, 3 Hybrid is only 15 yards short of my FW wood and a lot more consistent)..

cunnini

Visit site
not too far from Hitchin - 20 minutes away.

Well, i've just come back from the pro shop at our club with the 3 wood and hybrid. My logic was i was hitting them with minimal lateral dispersion (20yds/12yds) and about 220, 205yds consistently. The driver though, i'm just coming back to golf after 20 years, having lessons and thought i'll wait a few months and then get a fitting again but maybe at our pro-shop - our course is tight rather than overly long, so although i'd rather hit wedge than 8 iron into a green, i can wait and learn the course strategy more as well as see how swing develops.

No doubt by mid-summer i'll have a new driver.

Now can't wait for Thursday lunchtime to get to the range.....

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Well, i've just come back from the pro shop at our club with the 3 wood and hybrid. My logic was i was hitting them with minimal lateral dispersion (20yds/12yds) and about 220, 205yds consistently. The driver though, i'm just coming back to golf after 20 years, having lessons and thought i'll wait a few months and then get a fitting again but maybe at our pro-shop - our course is tight rather than overly long, so although i'd rather hit wedge than 8 iron into a green, i can wait and learn the course strategy more as well as see how swing develops.

Just remember that whatever happens on the range, stays on the range - good shots will not continue when you get out on the course :confused:

AAC

Visit site

Where do you play ?