Top 100

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Courses I'll have played in the England top 100 by the end of this year.
Sure would love to play more, but the green fees at some of these are pretty steeeeeep

91 Painswick
89 Fulford
83 Cleeve Hill
78 The Belfry (Brabazon)
74 Woburn (Duchess)
71 Saunton (West)
65 Woburn (Marquess)
54 Goswick
44 Sherwood Forest (playing in June)
23 Notts (Hollinwell) (playing in June)
22 Saunton (East)
21 Burnham and Berrow

Leftie5.6

Visit site
I know mate, Democracies, eh? :)

I'm sure every panellist (and forummer) will have 3 or 4 choices that you feel are miles too high or too low, and we are no different.

Honestly, if you get the chance go and play Tralee, its ace.
Think there are intangible elements go in the mix eg opinions of playing partners, the journey (Tralee is a long way from Northumberland) and other top courses played on same trip (Tralee played with Lahinch Doonbeg Ballybunnion and Adare Manor).

Leftie5.6

Visit site
Courses I'll have played in the England top 100 by the end of this year.
Sure would love to play more, but the green fees at some of these are pretty steeeeeep

91 Painswick
89 Fulford
83 Cleeve Hill
78 The Belfry (Brabazon)
74 Woburn (Duchess)
71 Saunton (West)
65 Woburn (Marquess)
54 Goswick
44 Sherwood Forest (playing in June)
23 Notts (Hollinwell) (playing in June)
22 Saunton (East)
21 Burnham and Berrow
I’m a member at Goswick, if you want a game it’ll save you £35...

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think there are intangible elements go in the mix eg opinions of playing partners, the journey (Tralee is a long way from Northumberland) and other top courses played on same trip (Tralee played with Lahinch Doonbeg Ballybunnion and Adare Manor).

I agree, lots of subliminal things.

If you played royal Aberdeen and 2-3 half decent courses, Royal Aberdeen would be brilliant.

If you played Royal Aberdeen, Trump, Cruden bay and Murcar in one trip, you're then comparing all 4 great courses.

I played Tralee alongside Killarney and Waterville.

D

Deleted member 3432

used to be a few Goswick members on here, have you heard of the Goswick 8 from 2011?:LOL::LOL:
Dodger sorted me out with a knock at Hirsel a few years back, nice fella in my book after chatting to him for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Dodger sorted me out with a knock at Hirsal a few years back, nice fella in my book after chatting to him for a bit.
there were at least half a dozen of them a few years back, though i can't remember any of their real names, apart from Dodger, he's of craws FB group, but booted of here some time ago, football threads i think were resposible for many a downfall;)

D

Deleted member 3432

there were at least half a dozen of them a few years back, though i can't remember any of their real names, apart from Dodger, he's of craws FB group, but booted of here some time ago, football threads i think were resposible for many a downfall;)

At least he knew a little bit about golf :D

Very few of our friends north of the border left....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We had some Forum Scotland V's England Ryder cup matches there about 10 years ago, the last 2 groups joined up on the 18th tee to play the last together as an 8 ball, another Member came on complaining about it, quite funny at the time, Dodger was a real laugh anout it i think the guy that came on was calledl Hubert or something like that:LOL:

Leftie5.6

Visit site
We had some Forum Scotland V's England Ryder cup matches there about 10 years ago, the last 2 groups joined up on the 18th tee to play the last together as an 8 ball, another Member came on complaining about it, quite funny at the time, Dodger was a real laugh anout it i think the guy that came on was calledl Hubert or something like that:LOL:
There are courses where an 8-ball down the last could be done out of sight. Not Goswick.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Outstanding memory for me was the starter (Dodgers dad IIRC), "and seeing as you're from England, I would just like to point out that there is out of bounds all the way down the right" :LOL:

Ectolani

Hacker
Visit site
Disappointed to see Silloth has dropped by 4 places. It should only be heading upwards in my humble (biased) opinion. If you’ve not played it yet then you really need to get it on your list!

Agree with this, it's a cracking course. Played Muirfield yesterday and Silloth back in September and I honestly prefer the latter.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Disappointed to see Silloth has dropped by 4 places. It should only be heading upwards in my humble (biased) opinion. If you’ve not played it yet then you really need to get it on your list!
The standard in the top 100 is immense. You only have to look at some of the courses that haven't made it in to see how lucky we are in GB&I. Every club these days seem to be making changes and improvements and striving to move up the rankings. Are there any recent changes at Silloth or anything planned in the next couple of years?

Boomy

Visit site
The standard in the top 100 is immense. You only have to look at some of the courses that haven't made it in to see how lucky we are in GB&I. Every club these days seem to be making changes and improvements and striving to move up the rankings. Are there any recent changes at Silloth or anything planned in the next couple of years?

I agree, the standard is immense and we are lucky to have so many top courses. Silloth is a stand out due to its green fees versus the others at this level/playing experience of course. They’ve invested heavily in a new irrigation system which is only going to help to keep the course in top playable condition and also invested a lot of hours into tidying around the course, keeping the gorse/scrub in check and general work. @saving_par may also be able to add further information ?