Top 100

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
The New T100 GM list dropped through my letterbox this morning. I’ve played 71 and a further 37 in the next 100, of which 27 were in the T100 when played eg Tandridge played last year - albeit is not in my personal T100!
Am I on 98 or, do I have to keep plugging away?

I think you can decide if you're on 98 or not. Nobody's checking.

D

Deleted member 15344

Remedy Oak is a nice course, which I have been fortunate to play a few times with a member. Each time I play the more I like it. Two or three poor holes including two with big lakes, short par four on the front nine, where you need seven iron, wedge and the 18th.

Each time we go the condition gets better - really enjoy playing it , 18th aside the holes are great

Leftie5.6

Visit site
RCD and Portrush used to be neck and neck for me (largely due to both being awesome, with - relatively - weak finishes), and RCD edging it.

However, having played Portrush last year with the replacement holes for 17/18, there could be an argument for it edging RCD?
Also re-visited Portrush in 2019 and agree improved but will never have the Mourne Mountains. Same trip mightily impressed with improvements to Portstewart- stunning opening holes. We were all blown away by Rosapenna and rated it above Portrush.

Reactions: Zig
D

Deleted Member 1156

Also re-visited Portrush in 2019 and agree improved but will never have the Mourne Mountains. Same trip mightily impressed with improvements to Portstewart- stunning opening holes. We were all blown away by Rosapenna and rated it above Portrush.
I'm another fan of Rosapenna, the Sandy Hills course is tremendous. Can't wait for the new 18 to open in the summer.

Zig

Visit site
Hoping to go back to Rosapenna this summer to play the new Doak course. Agree it's spectacular, as is Carne, Enniscrone, Rosses Point, Murvagh and Ballyliffin in this part of the world. Not sure they're quite in the same bracket as Portrush or RCD though. Oh to live out in NW Ireland and have the choices of courses they've got!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hoping to go back to Rosapenna this summer to play the new Doak course. Agree it's spectacular, as is Carne, Enniscrone, Rosses Point, Murvagh and Ballyliffin in this part of the world. Not sure they're quite in the same bracket as Portrush or RCD though. Oh to live out in NW Ireland and have the choices of courses they've got!

Most fun I had on a golf course last year was when 8 of us went and played an open at cruit island golf club. None of us had played it before. Felt like a proper adventure. Real fun playing the 9 holes a second time knowing where the pins were located and still being made to look foolish at times. Short holes but tiny greens. Wonderful little lay out.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I absolutely love seeing the rankings and look forward to getting the hard copy through my letterbox! Provides cause for debate. I've had plenty of chats/arguments/discussions with folk over wheher Course A is better than Course B, C, D etc.

I know that the GM version comes from an exhaustive 18 month period where 35 odd people play and review the courses. This provides a balanced view which is then used to rank the courses accordingly, I know that Rob, Mike and the team work hard at this list and they should be proud of it!

I am on 67 out of this Top100 and hope to be at 82 by the tend of the year if things go to plan!

D

Deleted member 17920

I absolutely love seeing the rankings and look forward to getting the hard copy through my letterbox! Provides cause for debate. I've had plenty of chats/arguments/discussions with folk over wheher Course A is better than Course B, C, D etc.

I know that the GM version comes from an exhaustive 18 month period where 35 odd people play and review the courses. This provides a balanced view which is then used to rank the courses accordingly, I know that Rob, Mike and the team work hard at this list and they should be proud of it!

I am on 67 out of this Top100 and hope to be at 82 by the tend of the year if things go to plan!

Once you complete it you can officially say you've got shot 100 at all top 100 courses.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Not sure Sunningdale Old is better than New.:unsure: Personally think the par 3's on the Old are very average, and not a patch on the New. Strange GM says the Old has 'brilliant' par 3's. Got there course muddled up ?:) Much better ones at Swinley, Hankley, Burnham and Berrow.

Surprised Coombe Hill doesn't make Next 100.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not sure Sunningdale Old is better than New.:unsure: Personally think the par 3's on the Old are very average, and not a patch on the New. Strange GM says the Old has 'brilliant' par 3's. Got there course muddled up ?:) Much better ones at Swinley, Hankley, Burnham and Berrow.

Surprised Coombe Hill doesn't make Next 100.
The roast potatoes on the Old are better than those on the New (y)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Tralee is ranked 48th Peter.;) Not sure you should be allowed on the 'panel':LOL:

I know mate, Democracies, eh? :)

I'm sure every panellist (and forummer) will have 3 or 4 choices that you feel are miles too high or too low, and we are no different.

Honestly, if you get the chance go and play Tralee, its ace.