Titleist irons

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well I already have 3, 4 and 5 hybrids so no point getting irons I won't use.
Sorry, my joke was because the whole thread turned into loft discussion as if that was all that mattered. I wasn't knocking the set-up, I actually have almost the same in my irons - 6 to AW.

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
Sorry, my joke was because the whole thread turned into loft discussion as if that was all that mattered. I wasn't knocking the set-up, I actually have almost the same in my irons - 6 to AW.
Yeah I know , added some extra detail to my reply too

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
People need to look at their irons moving to hybrids at a loft, rather than a club number, due to loft jacking.
You might previously have transition to a 5h after your 6 iron. But if your 5i is now 22deg, a 25h has MORE loft. You may be buying surplus irons, or making a hybrid redundant. Lowest iron from most of the world should be 25 or 26. Even 29 for higher HIs. Which can be a 7i. Really, 'set' of irons, which used to be 9 irons, is now only 4 clubs. A side effect of loft jacking, benefitting the manufacturers, is people are now buying surplus irons. How often do you see a standard set of 4 irons sitting 9n a shop rack ? Never. But you should.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
People need to look at their irons moving to hybrids at a loft, rather than a club number, due to loft jacking.
You might previously have transition to a 5h after your 6 iron. But if your 5i is now 22deg, a 25h has MORE loft. You may be buying surplus irons, or making a hybrid redundant. Lowest iron from most of the world should be 25 or 26. Even 29 for higher HIs. Which can be a 7i. Really, 'set' of irons, which used to be 9 irons, is now only 4 clubs. A side effect of loft jacking, benefitting the manufacturers, is people are now buying surplus irons. How often do you see a standard set of 4 irons sitting 9n a shop rack ? Never. But you should.
I bought the Rogue ST Max 5 hybrid to match my Rogue ST Max irons. Seems like a sensible idea. But the hybrid is 23°, even though the 5 iron would be 21.5°. I figured this was balanced out by the fact the shaft is a little longer and lighter, but who knows? I would have thought they design the hybrids to gap well alongside the equivalent irons.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
St Ives national fitting centre
Ah, this is my club, but I’ve not used the fitting services there. Mostly because I know it will end in me buying more clubs, and I’m also too tight to pay the fee.

What was the fitting like.

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
Ah, this is my club, but I’ve not used the fitting services there. Mostly because I know it will end in me buying more clubs, and I’m also too tight to pay the fee.

What was the fitting like.
Yeah it was good. Very friendly and excellent facilities. There was young lady of plus 5 being fitted for a new driver in the other bay 😱😱. They are not pushy in anyway and you can try what you want. I hope it wasn't you who frowned as I drove out the car park the wrong way 😂

D

Deleted member 1147

No they don't.
They need to look at how far they hit each club and work from there.

Less loft on a GI iron doesn't automatically mean the ball goes further.

Jason.H

Visit site
Picked up my Titleist T150 irons from Coxmoor Golf Club today and played a quick 9 holes. loving the higher ball flight, exactly what I was looking for.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No they don't.
They need to look at how far they hit each club and work from there.

Less loft on a GI iron doesn't automatically mean the ball goes further.
Assuming to crazy length or single length kicks, they will hit them according to the loft. As near as makes no difference to choice of club, and probably more accurately and with zero effort compared to trying to determine how far they hit them. 7i has 28deg - then no point using a 6H with 29deg with the idea that it will be longer. It will be shorter. Etc.

D

Deleted member 1147

Assuming to crazy length or single length kicks, they will hit them according to the loft. As near as makes no difference to choice of club, and probably more accurately and with zero effort compared to trying to determine how far they hit them. 7i has 28deg - then no point using a 6H with 29deg with the idea that it will be longer. It will be shorter. Etc.
Wrong
The low loft is only used to prevent the ball ballooning due to the perimeter weighting.
If balls kept going further and further every time lofts went down high handicappers would be hitting the ball miles. Yet they aren’t.

I suggest you learn about the subject before posting your usual crap.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wrong
The low loft is only used to prevent the ball ballooning due to the perimeter weighting.
If balls kept going further and further every time lofts went down high handicappers would be hitting the ball miles. Yet they aren’t.

I suggest you learn about the subject before posting your usual crap.
They do go farther and farther every time the lofts are lowered. Making one more low club redundant...and space at the top for yet another gap wedge. That gap is 3 clubs wide at this stage. There is only one way to make the ball go farther - decrease loft.

D

Deleted member 1147

They do go farther and farther every time the lofts are lowered. Making one more low club redundant...and space at the top for yet another gap wedge. That gap is 3 clubs wide at this stage. There is only one way to make the ball go farther - decrease loft.
Wrong

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Yeah it was good. Very friendly and excellent facilities. There was young lady of plus 5 being fitted for a new driver in the other bay 😱😱. They are not pushy in anyway and you can try what you want. I hope it wasn't you who frowned as I drove out the car park the wrong way 😂
No, that wasn’t me. But it is quite common for people to leave the car park via the entrance.

I’ve been on the range when there have been some Titliest sponsored youths in there for fittings. It can be a humbling experience 🤣

I got chatting to one of them after a lesson once after asking what the fairway wood he was hitting was. Wish I hadn’t asked as he was hitting a 7 wood further than I was hitting my driver.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd reckon a 29 degree hybrid would go further than a 28 degree iron.
So could actually gap well together

Jason.H

Visit site
3 rounds in with the T150,s and shot a +1 71. A promising start. The AMT red shafts s300 stiff give me more height and spin, exactly what I was looking for into longer par3,s.