Titleist 915 fitting

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm gutted you've said that about the sound. I desperately want to like this club but I think the sound might be the deal breaker. How much extra distance did it give you over your current club and what is your current driver?

CMAC, what driver are you changing from?

currently playing a Titleist 905R with a stiff proforce V2 76g shaft- totally unsuitable for me by all accounts but I do hit it well. However, according to trackman stats I was getting 40 yds more carry with the 915D3, less spin and 2mph additional SS. The 915 3W gave me 30yds additional carry over my driver.:eek:

My drives although looking good didnt go as far due to all these factors- the newer tech and better suited shaft play a major part of course.

p.s the sound isn't that bad, just not what I hoped for, the 3W sound is exactly what I hoped the driver would sound like but it will prob sound better outwith an open air range booth

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Bloody Titliest, bringing new clubs out all the time with all this marketing guff about springy faces....

gdc

Head Pro
Visit site
currently playing a Titleist 905R with a stiff proforce V2 76g shaft- totally unsuitable for me by all accounts but I do hit it well. However, according to trackman stats I was getting 40 yds more carry with the 915D3, less spin and 2mph additional SS. The 915 3W gave me 30yds additional carry over my driver.:eek:

My drives although looking good didnt go as far due to all these factors- the newer tech and better suited shaft play a major part of course.

p.s the sound isn't that bad, just not what I hoped for, the 3W sound is exactly what I hoped the driver would sound like but it will prob sound better outwith an open air range booth

That is a huge difference in distance from your current set up.
Surprised there is only a 10 yard difference between the driver and 3 wood.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
That is a huge difference in distance from your current set up.
Surprised there is only a 10 yard difference between the driver and 3 wood.

thats on carry and to be fair there was 20yds for 3 out of 5 shots, remember that 3W really is a beast- you dont need driver on any courses around the 6200 mark or under with that 3W imo, but wheres the fun in not hitting a driver;)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I see Monty posted similar numbers today with the new Callaway 3w- who needs a £350 driver these days:whistle:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
had a smack with a d2 in American golf earlier. nearly deafened myself. hit about 6 shots with it. two left my ears ringing.

hard to know if it was any good or not. only hit it into a net. :mmm: