Titleist 915 fitting

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I do like the D2 and D3 heads, especially the D3 which imo is much closer to the Titleist head shapes of old.

I liked them a lot, but if I'm honest I didn't like them £325 worth!

Distance, launch, spin all good, even SS up but the overall feeling and sound doesn't make me want to spend that amount.

Tried rogue and Diamana shafts, I'm sure these rogue are not the same as a the 'real' rogues at £425 a shaft.

The 3 wood however is in a different league, great sound over the driver and superb numbers avg 245 carry which would be good driver figs for me. At £200 this seems well worth it.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
OOOooo Where did you try it? I have seen RRP at £375 :eek:

In the reviews I have seen the D3 has always gone quite a lot further with its lower spin, did you see that at all?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
TBH, it would have to hit the shot its self for the price they want to charge with the shaft i would like.

Make Scotty Putters a bargain in comparison

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
OOOooo Where did you try it? I have seen RRP at £375 :eek:

In the reviews I have seen the D3 has always gone quite a lot further with its lower spin, did you see that at all?

I think RRP is £375 but it was a local driving range doing them at £325.

The Titleist fitter explained about the D3 going further, the D2 is more forgiving but a thicker face. Unless you hit all over the face the D3 is the choice to go for, good launch with lower spin. looks better as well imo.

The 3 wood off the deck showed better figs than my own Driver but still about 15yds shorter than the 915 D3.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Our club champion and ex-pro at RAGC was raving about the 3W, it's supposed to be a cracking club. Sorely tempted myself TBH but moving house and joining a new club have probably put paid to any new bats for a while!

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm getting a new driver for my birthday I think, but any I've tried haven't been a noticeable improvement on my good old titleist, so interested to see how one of these go

Last edited:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm getting a new driver for my birthday I think, but any I've tried haven't been a noticeable improvement on my good old titleist, so interested to see how one of these go

The Titleist fitter said anyone gaming :)whistle:) a 910D2 will see significant improvement and more than likely (in his experience so far) move to 915 D3 and loft up a degree.

913 players will also see a difference but less so.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Titleist fitter said anyone gaming :)whistle:) a 910D2 will see significant improvement and more than likely (in his experience so far) move to 915 D3 and loft up a degree.

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that :whistle:

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If I was gonna change to anything right now without trying the G30 or the 915 it'd be to the 913D3. Going next Saturday to have a look

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A friend of mine bought a 913 a month ago off/through me (it's complicated) . Anyway before that he had played all year with a G15 draw. when he hit it well it flew but when he didn't, well oh dear. Anyway he had this 913 off me and just leathered it. It was so forgiving it was unreal.

i know there a saying " drive for show putt for dough" but the confidence from his driving was infectious for him. The first comp he played in he was dropped 0.3 with a blob on a nine hole comp. his next comp he shot 20 pts on a nine holer with two flippin blobs which was our last comp of the year before NQ comps. He was dropped another 0.6. It was the only time all year his HC had gone down. He said the season has ended too soon.

if the 915 is better than the 913 then I look like buying a lot of. Of Coffees next year if he upgrades.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Got me interested! Where's the seen improvement? Length? Dispersion? Lower spin?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Got me interested! Where's the seen improvement? Length? Dispersion? Lower spin?

all of the above, and more.......his words

You'll not see anything though as your sig says you play a club that doesn't exist:rolleyes:

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
they kept the same footprint for the 915F & 915Fd as they had with the 913's.

the 915F has a larger head footprint but 'less vertical face height' (as the 913F). the larger head footprint wise with the less high face, shallower, designed to get the ball 'up' a little ways with a higher launch angle with a little more 'spin'.

the 915Fd has a smaller head footprint but has 'more vertical face height' (as the 913Fd). the smaller head footprint wise with the 'taller face height', deeper, is designed to give a lower launch angle with less spin so a more penetrating flight.

off the ground the 915F (as the 913F) is a little ways easier to hit for folks who need a bit more 'help'. the 'taller vertical face height' of the 915Fd will require more club head speed with a more consistent center strike pattern to get the best out of it.

Last edited:

gdc

Head Pro
Visit site
Distance, launch, spin all good, even SS up but the overall feeling and sound doesn't make me want to spend that amount.

I'm gutted you've said that about the sound. I desperately want to like this club but I think the sound might be the deal breaker. How much extra distance did it give you over your current club and what is your current driver?