Titleist 915D3 shaft fitting option?

Mike79

Visit site
Hi

I got my Titleist 915D3 back in 2015 as a gift and therefore wasn’t fitted for it. It came with a Diamana white board shaft in S flex and I struggled with it - low and right. Changed to a R flex Aldilla Rogue off eBay and find it balloons and slices.

I’ve worked out the common theme here is my swing so I am planning some lessons to help my game overall.

My question is… Can I still go somewhere for a shaft fitting on this club? It’s probably less than 20 rounds old so I’m happy to keep it, just want to know if I should be playing a stiff or regular flex, and an idea of which shaft out there performs best.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes most good fitters will just do a shaft fitting .
If you put your location down somebody will suggest a recommendation.
The only thing is at this age there will be limited shafts with that adapter.
But you can try them on the more modern heads to get a feel!
A Titleist fitting centre might have a few in stock.

Mike79

Visit site
Thanks. I’m based near Woking in Surrey.

The 915 surefit adaptors are interchangeable from the 910 right thought to the latest TSi models.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you want to try something on the cheapish side (£40 inc PP) I have got a Fujukira Pro Pro 62 Reg flex (as is fitted to Callaway Epic etc) with a Titleist adapter on it. I Had a TS3 head which I was trying it on and worked well for for me but I decided to stick with my TM driver (similar shaft).
It a used shaft with a used adapter new grip
PM me if interested.

Mike79

Visit site
If you want to try something on the cheapish side (£40 inc PP) I have got a Fujukira Pro Pro 62 Reg flex (as is fitted to Callaway Epic etc) with a Titleist adapter on it. I Had a TS3 head which I was trying it on and worked well for for me but I decided to stick with my TM driver (similar shaft).
It a used shaft with a used adapter new grip
PM me if interested.

I've done this trial approach twice now... Initially changed to the Adilla Rogue Max, then the Rogue, both off ebay... Fundamentally, I don't know if I need S or R flex, plus the rest. I'd used the Titleist shaft option charts to try and self guess, but think a session with a fitter and a launch monitor will be a quicker approach and cheaper in the longer term. If I pay for the fitting, they can advise on what needed and I can then either buy through them or hunt down the same spec on ebay etc

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've done this trial approach twice now... Initially changed to the Adilla Rogue Max, then the Rogue, both off ebay... Fundamentally, I don't know if I need S or R flex, plus the rest. I'd used the Titleist shaft option charts to try and self guess, but think a session with a fitter and a launch monitor will be a quicker approach and cheaper in the longer term. If I pay for the fitting, they can advise on what needed and I can then either buy through them or hunt down the same spec on ebay etc
Spot on .
It takes all the guess work out.