Tips for running a sweepstake

LizAig

Visit site
I’d like to run a sweepstake at the club around various golf comps (and possibly other events) to raise some money for the club. I’ve run one before (and only really entered Grand National sweepstakes!) - does anyone one have any ideas about the best way to run one? Im thinking we could try a couple of different formats to see what works the best! If your club runs one how does it work and how much does it cost?

Thanks

RedEyes

Visit site
I do one in work for the Majors, (not a sweepstake as such). Pick 4 golfers, nobody can pick the same 4, add the 4 scores, lowest score wins, if any of your players miss the cut double their score eg +5 becomes +10.

ntommo

Visit site
I’d like to run a sweepstake at the club around various golf comps (and possibly other events) to raise some money for the club. I’ve run one before (and only really entered Grand National sweepstakes!) - does anyone one have any ideas about the best way to run one? Im thinking we could try a couple of different formats to see what works the best! If your club runs one how does it work and how much does it cost?

Thanks
We are just starting something called the 100 club. Basically sell 100 (or however many you can) numbers for a monthly draw. We are doing £10 per month paid by standing order and then on the last Friday of every month draw 2 numbers out for a prize of £350 for first prize and £150 for 2nd. With £10 per month and 100 people this gives the club £500 for virtually no work